News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gift idea for 8-year-old

Started by jubal81, November 03, 2014, 04:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Quote from: playpunk on November 05, 2014, 03:10:47 PM
I carried an Emerson mini-commander every day until I started going into jail frequently... And wearing a suit every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a Spyderco Matriarch wherever I go (except the airport), regardless of whether I'm wearing a suit or not.  I find it does the best job for opening up letters and packages.  The fact that it was designed to be able to disembowel an attacker without any specific training has nothing to do with it 8).

(This is also why gun control is a good thing for me in Canada.  Given that I've probably got 300 knives, it's a safe bet that if I could, I'd probably have an arsenal large enough to equip a small army if it was legal.  Cause I like collecting things, you know).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

snz728

Leatherman multi tool, my boys are fascinted with mine. your nephew will be looking for things to fix

raulduke

I agree about leathermans/swiss army knifes.

Thought my Swiss Army was coolest thing ever when I got it.

8 years old might be a bit young for wielding a blade though   ;D

GermanCdn

Quote from: raulduke on November 06, 2014, 02:59:23 PM
I agree about leathermans/swiss army knifes.

Thought my Swiss Army was coolest thing ever when I got it.

8 years old might be a bit young for wielding a blade though   ;D

At 8 years old, I actually had a air rifle.  For a bit.  Then I blew the window out of my dad's van.  Didn't get the gun back for a couple of years. :-[
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aballen

Quote from: gtr2 on November 03, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
Legos  ;D

Damn right can't go wrong with Legos.  Boy/girl. 5 and up you will find something appropriate. 

Pick up the lego movie too.