News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Box Of Rock - Boost Side Not Working

Started by upthepunxxx, November 05, 2014, 06:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthepunxxx

Hey Homies,

the guitar player in my band has a BOR and the boost side isn't working. I have a BOR that had the dirt side go out. I measured voltages on the trannys and found the bad one in question. I replaced it and the dirt side started working again. I've read that this is a pretty common problem with these pedals. However it is usually the dirt side not the boost side that goes. I figured I would use the same logic to fix my guitar players pedal. I measured the BS-170s voltages (focusing on the one that is closest to the boost pot. Based on the schematic and from just looking at it, it seems like that would be the tranny in the boost circuit) and compared them to the voltages in my working BOR. What is throwing me for a loop is that the trannies (especially the one I think is in the boost side) measures the same as my working BOR. Is it possible that the transistor could still be bad regardless of measuring the same as a working BOR? Or is there something else in the boost circuit that could be causing the problem? I still haven't hooked up my JMK testing rig to try and run tone through the boost side, which I will give a shoot tonight. Just wanted to throw this out there first.

Let me know if anyone has an opinion on the matter.

Thanks!
Wake up and smell the noise!!