News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

footswitch for 4 input amp?

Started by danwelsh, November 06, 2014, 07:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

I'm pretty confident it will work.....the leds light as they should when the footswitches are pressed.  I'll be sure to post soon as I try it.

cooder

Looking good. I just wonder if you get some hum as the input that not engaged is not grounded by the looks of that schematic....
Let us know how it works.
BigNoise Amplification

danwelsh

Well it works.....not as expected though....there is no hum which is good but when switching channels and I don't have the both engaged only input two works but when I engage the right footswitch I get switching from both...I'm confused now.

salty

I guess I am glad that everyone ignored my question...I was in bed last night and started thinking about it and see what I was missing...it kind of works exactly as patching, but with one exception right? When you patch you are coming from either the bright or normal input on one channel into either the bright or normal inputs on the other channel. Would that make the tone different than using a Y to plug straight into an single input on both channels?

danwelsh

Quote from: salty on November 07, 2014, 08:09:43 AM
I guess I am glad that everyone ignored my question...I was in bed last night and started thinking about it and see what I was missing...it kind of works exactly as patching, but with one exception right? When you patch you are coming from either the bright or normal input on one channel into either the bright or normal inputs on the other channel. Would that make the tone different than using a Y to plug straight into an single input on both channels?

Yeah. ....but I don't want to have to unplug/plug to switch