News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY Vox VFS2A switch help

Started by salty, November 06, 2014, 01:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salty

Hi,

I jsut bought a Vox Nightrain G2 combo amp and am planning a footswitch build for it.

Here is a diagram I found for it:

I am building this is a 1590A and would like to add a feature that I am not sure how to wire.

The amp has two channels that will be switchable by footswitch one. There is an LED that indicates that the switch has been engaged. What I would like to do is use a bicolor LED to show green when the switch is not engaged and red when engaged. I have the extra position on the switch for this, but I do not understand how to do this without closing the circuit...It appears that closing the circuit is what changes the channel on the amp. Is there a way to engaged the green side of the LED without closing the circuit? Maybe a transistor in the circuit? I am a newb when it comes to this and I appreciate any help that you guys can give me.

Salty

danwelsh

I built a footswitch for my Hughes and vettner head a while back......I had to use a stereo jack. Not sure if your amp would be the same but it may. Trs footswitch is what it's referred to as.....hope this helps you

salty

Hey danwelsh,

Thanks for the reply! I went ahead and built it out to standard spec and passed on figuring out how to use the bi-color led. IT does use a stereo jack and I got it all working. I am going to etch the enclosure tonight...my first attempt at etching an enclosure. Wish me luck! :)

mherrera3626

I finished building this using LED's. I used the same wiring setup with a 1/4 inch jack. Works like a charm with my AC15C1.

sjaustin

Necro-bump!

When I was building mine, I did not find any of the diagrams clear enough, so I made one of my own. I'm sharing it here in case someone else finds this thread in the future.

redkurn

Thanks sjaustin!

Buddy needed this.

Zerro

It is important what power is at pins going to footswich. It will tell you what resistor you need serially with LED and how to use it - as connect or disconnect for activating fx. Do you have some schematic diagram? In your first post wasn't it.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"