News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tonebender MKIII

Started by Hexjibber, November 07, 2014, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

Fantastic!  That's a beauty inside and out.

BaklavaMetal

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women!
That is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTgvtQTEZ4&list=UUu0WQ4lkQv4LQS0n-AWCGTQ

Leevibe

I love them both but that tonebender is just perfect.

Guybrush

Incredible as always Graham. We need to go for a pint at the Dorset so I can see these in person!

Bluestrat

Great work!! That Tonebender is sweet. Great artwork and etch. The best  :D

Hexjibber

Thanks for the kind words guys, had the Tonebender in studio over the weekend and sounded fantastic!

Quote from: Guybrush on November 08, 2014, 06:07:19 AM
Incredible as always Graham. We need to go for a pint at the Dorset so I can see these in person!

Haha cheers man, I used to drink in the Dorset a fair bit a few years ago! I'm just off Palmeira Square so tend to frequent the ale haunts over that way a bit more now! Beer and pedals is always good though, give me a shout!

lars

You should start etching custom pickguards for people. All this artwork you come up with would look awesome on a guitar as well.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

luks999

wow, just amazing :)
the blue box is one of the most beautiful enclosure designs ive maybe ever seen ;)

i see have to start etching too... did you do the powdercoating yourself aswell ?

Hexjibber

Quote from: lars on November 11, 2014, 08:54:20 AM
You should start etching custom pickguards for people. All this artwork you come up with would look awesome on a guitar as well.

That's a cool idea man! Not sure how I would go about cutting the ali to shape though?

Quote from: luks999 on November 11, 2014, 08:58:41 AM
wow, just amazing :)
the blue box is one of the most beautiful enclosure designs ive maybe ever seen ;)

i see have to start etching too... did you do the powdercoating yourself aswell ?

Thanks man :) I just use metallic spray paint as opposed to powder coating, I have to admit it chips off pretty easily though even with several layers of clear coat, would really like to know if there is a way to improve the durability of the paint.

luks999

thanks for the info ;)
im using metallic spray paint as well for enclosures so far and yes you have to use transparent spray to seal the color!
question: that means you spray your enclosures and then apply the rest of your etching procedure?

Hexjibber

Quote from: luks999 on November 11, 2014, 09:08:10 AM
question: that means you spray your enclosures and then apply the rest of your etching procedure?

The spray painting comes near the end, basically etch the box, clean it up, then spray paint it, sand off the top to reveal etch, then clear coat.

luks999

thanks!

your etching description procedure your blog is extremely helpful and awesome! :)

raulduke

One of my favourite etches ive seen.

As partridge would say: 'Back of the net!' ;)