News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Finnaly I got this working!

Started by zedsnotdead, November 09, 2014, 03:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedsnotdead

This one's almost drove me nuts. I almost lost faith on my (low) skills cause i coudn't get it working no matter what.
Bought some etched PCB from habberdasher (4 total I think...) because I just had to de-solder those pots over and over again just to check what went wrong and messed up the tracks everytime. Everything looked fine before I boxed it....but...
Some issues I figured them out. Other issues... I really don't know (voodoo maybe). It was my most difficult "get it to work" build so far, no doubt.

Anyway, here are the pics of my Screwdriver. I have my count on overdrives, but this things sounds AWESOME! It's a tone beast!

bcalla

Very cool design.  You must be happy you stuck with it.  I've got 3 or 4 of these head scratchers on my workbench now.  I hope I can bring them to such a successful end.

wgc

Great box!  Awesome when you get something working, even better when it ends up being worth it..!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

brejna

zedsnotdead

Thank you guys!
Really, this one should be on any pedal collection, better yet on every pedalboard.
Is that good.

yeah, i almost lost my hair but is well worth it. Just take your time, no hurrys, check every component and solder bridges and you are good to go.

playpunk

Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

m-Kresol

Looks great, inside and out. Love that the LED is his eye. Sounds like your persistence paid off in the end.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

cooder

Fab work looks great all around and good on ya for nutting it out relentlessly!!! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

zedsnotdead

Leevibe

Looking really good. Good job staying with it! I love the LED and the G&L makes a fantastic backdrop for the pic.

selfdestroyer

Love it. The artwork is awesome and that LED placement is perfect.

Cody

Jakes Dad

Very nice.  Artwork is great.  Glad you stuck with it.

Chuck

zedsnotdead

This pedal was inspired by Kubrick's "Clockwork Orange". If you haven't already seen the movie, please do yourself a favor and check it out. ;)