News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Advice concerning hardware in Slow Loris

Started by smallpoxchampion, November 12, 2014, 01:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallpoxchampion

So, in my infinite wisdom I laid out this project as such:

I failed to realize that I wouldn't have enough clearance to get the lid on with the height of the toggle switch where it is. Do you guys know of any low profile on/on switches that would work so I don't have to drill a new hole and reroute the toggle switch? I'd love to not have to scrap this enclosure.

Soup39

What about adding a light plate or spacer to deepen the enclosure?

jkokura

A light plate doesn't deepen the enclosure, and I don't know of any spacers.

You didn't give us a gut shot, so I'm not sure about which switch you did use. Pretty much all of the ones available from most of the shops we use are the mini blue or red ones. Those should all fit fine.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Soup39

Should have explained:

I was thinking that a Light plate would have the middle removed leaving only the edges/sides so it would add some desired depth.

mgwhit

Is that the 2013 board with the PCB-mounted switch or the 2014 board with the switch off-board?

If it's the 2013 board, then you're probably just mounting the switch too high on its shaft -- there's a second nut you can adjust down or even omit.  Or you've soldered the PCB too high on the lugs, in which case you need to desolder the switch from the PCB, cram the board down farther on the lugs and resolder.

If it's the 2014 board and you tried to mount the off-board switch under the PCB you're probably out of luck.  Google "micro toggle switch" and "sub-mini- toggle switch", but they really only buy you a few hundredths of an inch as far as I can tell.  Good luck!