News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPAPSAPBD!!

Started by Jabulani Jonny, November 13, 2014, 03:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

So it's New Pedal and Power Supply and Pedal Board Here at the house.  I've outgrown my Pedaltrain 2 & BBE SupaCharger so I made a mild upgrade to the Pedaltrain 3 and Voodoo Lab 4x4.  I recently picked up a TC Electronics Nova Delay to replace my Boss DD7.  As much as I wanted to go with one of the DIY delays with Tap Tempo, I got this Nova for $120 and really wanted something that had a few presets.  Pretty stoked about diving into that pedal.  Of course I'll be keeping the Multiplex Jr on the board as my always on delay. 

I've got a few additions in short order so I needed some more room.  Not to mention that I haven't been able to fit my wah on there so...

Here's to re-organizing the pedal board!  I'll probably be adding a routing box as well to make cable hookups a little easier to deal with when running through the effects loop.  I'm thinking that Korg DT-10 is taking up too much room.  Maybe a Poly or Pitch Black?   

Jonathan

jkokura

I would vote Polytune, but that's because I have a couple and like them...

I hope you won't wish you got a Pro! A PT-3 is only a small step up from a PT-2. However, when the 3 gets filled you can always start using the 2 again!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

flanagan0718

I have a Polytune. I found it to be a little buggy. I have one of the older ones though, not sure if that's why but occasionally I found myself wanting to set it on fire because it wouldn't find the signal. That being said it's more accurate than the Boss TU-2 and WORLDS better than the planet waves piece of garbage. I would say Pitch Black.

selfdestroyer

I went through 2 poly tuners. One 1590B sized one and one mini and both of them had faulty switches. I am very lite footed on my pedals and never jump and stomp. I thought it was just me but I saw a few threads about others having the same problems.

I ended up going with a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200 and I will not go back to anything else. Its not the most attractive looking tuner but man its accurate and fast.
https://www.turbo-tuner.com/pages/manual-st2.htm

Cody

PhiloB

I have the pitch black and have no complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gordo

I love my nova. Fiddling with presets is a pita but it sounds so clean it's worth the trouble. I like the fact that it has a bpm setting, as my band plays to a click track and I can nail delay times.

I have the same tuner in silver and it takes up too much room, but I've had it forever, I don't notice any signal suck, and it works so well I just can't get rid of it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: gordo on November 13, 2014, 09:21:20 PM
I love my nova. Fiddling with presets is a pita but it sounds so clean it's worth the trouble. I like the fact that it has a bpm setting, as my band plays to a click track and I can nail delay times.

I have the same tuner in silver and it takes up too much room, but I've had it forever, I don't notice any signal suck, and it works so well I just can't get rid of it.

The BPM, presets and the ability to do QTR plus dotted is what sold me on the Nova.  We also play to a click track (with cues) all done in Ableton and being able to set to BPM is nice. 

I'm a fan of Korg tuners so I'd probably go Pitch Black over the Poly.  We do have a Poly at church that's already gone out, so I'll take that as a hint. 

Quote from: jkokura on November 13, 2014, 03:49:12 PM
I hope you won't wish you got a Pro! A PT-3 is only a small step up from a PT-2. However, when the 3 gets filled you can always start using the 2 again!

Jacob

I know.  I was VERY close to just pulling the trigger on the Pro, probably should have, but doggone is that thing big and heavy in a hard case.  I'm going to try and swing the PT3 for a while.  If I need to, I'll just keep the volume and wah off board to make room.  Doing that should be plenty, as I don't plan to add too many more pedals. 
Jonathan

96ecss

I have the Pedaltrain Pro with the hard case. It's a great board with a ton of room but you're right, the case is so heavy and big that it's a major pain to carry around.

I have the Pitch Black tuner too. Fast and accurate. I think you'll like it.

Dave

brucer

Quote from: selfdestroyer on November 13, 2014, 05:25:00 PM
I ended up going with a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200 and I will not go back to anything else. Its not the most attractive looking tuner but man its accurate and fast.

++1 on this.  I've got a stomp-format Turbo Tuner (http://www.turbo-tuner.com/index.htm).  Very fast, very easy to read.  Very happy with it.