News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New course related to electronics

Started by RobA, November 15, 2014, 02:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Not directly audio/music related, but it does look interesting. The focus of the course is on the interface between analog and digital -- sensors, transducers, actuators, etc. So there's some crossover to a lot of the stuff that's beginning to be more prevalent in effects.

The project for the course is supposed to be on building a robot. It's based on the MPS430 microcontroller which is the processor in the EHX expression pedal I just picked up. I think they said the parts kit for the robot would be about $50 US.

I'm thinking about using the processor in a non-audio project, so there's a pretty good chance that I'll try to do the class.

The pre-reqs for it are supposed to high school level algebra.

The link is at https://www.edx.org/course/uc-berkeleyx/uc-berkeleyx-ee40lx-electronic-3276#.VGa8vIfsv4b
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

sonarchotic

Looks interesting! Thanks for posting. I have my hands full class wise at the moment but I'm trying to put together a list of these types of classes for when my schedule allows.