News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Unsurpassed Gas, Brown Sound In A Box

Started by diablochris6, November 16, 2014, 06:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Built this for my uncle. He is a beast on the guitar and likes Van Halen, so this is  a no-brainer. It is based off of the Wampler Pinnacle Distortion, and this thing rocks! With the Tone and Contour knobs, as well as the Vintage/Modern toggle, there is an incredible array of tones at disposal. I'm glad that you get multiple boards with OSHPark because I need to build me one next!

The paint job has the Van Halen stripes, but the paint wrinkled up on me. I tweaked the VH logo to get my uncle's initials.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

wgc

Those stripes have got be fun to do...

Cool build!  Nice layout.  What schematic did you use?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

TGP39

Hey Chris, Fantastic layout. Is this a shared project on OSH Park?  Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Looks super, I'd also be keen if it's a shared layout or if I could buy a pcb somewhere.  8)
BigNoise Amplification

diablochris6

WGC, yeah, those stripes were a little more involved than I initially thought, but they turned out pretty good.

Steve & Cooder, I will probably share the OSHPark files after I tweak the design a bit. If you notice in the gutshot, I didn't take into consideration how big those 1u box caps were. After a slight redesign, I will share though.

cooder

Cheers that would be great! Cool build really! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Hogharry

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

diablochris6

TGP39

Great work Chris. I will follow up with a build report in your honor. :D
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Fabulantastic, thanks Chris, great job indeed! :)
BigNoise Amplification

mlp-mx6

I sent a PM as well, but wanted to publicly say Thanks for this board on OshPark.  Finished my first one yesterday, and it went together flawlessly.

Regards,
Michael

diablochris6

Quote from: mlp-mx6 on February 20, 2017, 06:44:17 AM
I sent a PM as well, but wanted to publicly say Thanks for this board on OshPark.  Finished my first one yesterday, and it went together flawlessly.

Regards,
Michael

Glad to hear it worked out well for you. This is still my go to pedal when I wanna rock.

bluescage

bluescage