News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I pretty much must have this.

Started by madbean, November 16, 2014, 06:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Man this would making song demoing a lot easier for me...no more plunking on a damn keyboard. Integrating it with an analog effects chain would be pretty divine. The fact that it is wireless is amazing.

wgc

Deep purple just got a little easier to pull off.

Who couldn't use a sitar once in a while?

(I think I've heard enough pan flute to skip right over that patch though.)

Pretty awesome tool, going to do a bit of reading up on it.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

cooder

That looks and sounds indeed very clever and great!
Have to llok a bit more into that for sure.
So on that demo it goes straight into laptop. How would that go into guitaramp...? And how would it perform there...?
BigNoise Amplification

cooder

Looking further into it (and having not much of a clue of the whole MIDI thing so far...) it seems really a solution to go straight into software/pc only as such and then maybe somehow into guitaramp? Or would it be PA?
Need some more updating on this to wrap my head around it....
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

I have a GR-33 which has similar tracking but is wired and for last year's Christmas service I used it to play a pan flute part (oh stop it...I was copping a real part).  You could tell who the guitar players were because a few dozen heads popped up over the rest of the crowd to see how I pulled THAT off.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

junkemail86

can anybody comment on how the Triple Play compares to software based packages like Jam Origin MIDI Guitar?  I have a Sonuus G2M that I think is great for monophonic, but might be interested in the Triple Play or Jam Origin for polyphonic options.

jkokura

Yeah, since they released details on the Triple Play I've been wanting to add one to one of my guitars. I will likely be doing so after I fix a bridge issue with my larivee.

Long and short... wireless midi control from a guitar is perhaps the most brilliant idea Fishman have ever thought of.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gordo

The Fishman system tracks AT LEAST as well as the Roland system.  As with any 6 pickup system there are limits but it's very clean and very accurate.  How they pull it off without a cable I have no idea.  You have to adjust your playing technique, but realistically you have more work to do to cop...say...organ sounds by your note choice and voicing than you do to adjust to the nuances of the system.  I was really impressed.

I have a tendancy to hit too hard when I play live so I've had mixed luck using my GR-33 in a live setting.  If I could relax a bit it's within reason, and I've heard people that were amazing using a guitar synth.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stecykmi

lately i've been experimenting with direct recording with a DI box and using ableton's melody to MIDI function. doesn't work in real time, but useful for working in a DAW.