News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Diy Drum machine?

Started by the3secondrule, November 19, 2014, 11:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

I'm after something not-overly-complicated, that I can build in a big box with maybe arcade style buttons, for my toddler to jam on  8)

Not overly fussed on sound quality, sequenceability, midi or anything modular (I am barely managing to withstand disappearing down that rabbit hole as it is). Just something standalone that will make vaguely drum-ish noises when plugged into an amp

thoughts?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

alanp

Have a peep on e-m's DIY subforum, lots of drum stuff on there. More will be in the Layout Factory and Developers Corner.

http://electro-music.com/forum/index.php?f=112
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Scruffie

EHX Sonic Boomer (simplest option) or Space Drum could be good, you just need to make a little pad surface that he can hit to put an electret mic under and then there's knobs to play with too.
Works at Lectric-FX

the3secondrule

Just checked a couple of demos. The super space drum looks like awesome fun!
Maybe a few of those old EHX percussion boxes could be the way too go. I'm guessing the schematic i saw with your name on it is verified, scruffie?

Scruffie

Quote from: the3secondrule on November 20, 2014, 10:57:25 AM
Just checked a couple of demos. The super space drum looks like awesome fun!
Maybe a few of those old EHX percussion boxes could be the way too go. I'm guessing the schematic i saw with your name on it is verified, scruffie?
They're direct copies of the original factory schematic so they may not be correct in all cases but the super space drum one is, on DIYstompboxes someone converted it to LM13600... I think I still have the Eagle files for his PCB layout.

The sonic boomer is also verified, there's a project for it over at topopiccione.
Works at Lectric-FX

the3secondrule

I'd be really keen to grab the eagle files if you do? The super space drum looks pretty amazing
Even just the schematic, if you weren't comfortable to share the layout...
Cheers,

J

Scruffie

Quote from: the3secondrule on November 20, 2014, 01:34:46 PM
I'd be really keen to grab the eagle files if you do? The super space drum looks pretty amazing
Even just the schematic, if you weren't comfortable to share the layout...
Cheers,

J
Not my layout, have at it, send me a PM with your e-mail.
Works at Lectric-FX