News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by marauder, November 20, 2014, 03:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder

Jonathan at Feline guitars, old Feline V70. 

Amazing in every way.

I forgot to post this, which I've had a month or so.
Great fun, especially with a EHX Clone Theory Chorus.
Had to swap the bridge for a Staytrem, the stock one ain't brilliant, and the nasty almost translucent pickup covers.  Surprisingly, the pickups themselves are fine.
Could do with heavier strings too, but that can wait.

Hogharry

That feline is a beauty for sure. By weird coincidence I was looking at the feline website earlier today because Ash, who is the guy behind Oil City Pickups, is going to wind some under his own name and feline are selling them. Nothing on the feline sote about it yet but they will be great it the Oil City stuff is anything to go by. Never heard of feline before today and I already want one.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

pickdropper

Absolutely awesome.

Is that Korina?  Good quality Korina is getting harder to find and is quite expensive.  Still, a Korina V is the way to go if possible.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

marauder

I've got a Supersonic 70 pickup, the early name for the Transonic, they decided to change the name in case Fender didn't like it.
It's amazing, like a 1970s Dimarzio Super Distortion, not the noisy, higher output ones made by Dimarzio these days.
In fact, this new V has thrown a spanner in the works.  The pickups in my Edwards V, including the Supersonic where going to be transplanted into the Feline, and the BKP VH2s into the Edwards V, for me to sell it.  However, the VH2s sound so good in the Feline, they aint going anywhere.  And I'm not going to sell the Edwards with the Supersonic, so I've got to get a Dimarzio, or Seymour or something similar to put in the Edwards for sale, as cheap as possible, too.

I've got another Feline.

A funny coincidence with both these guitars is that Thorpy on the BYOC forum has owned both, in fact, the purple one was a custom build for him, and he somehow persuaded Jonathan to part with his own personal build, the V.

LaceSensor

holy shit that flying V
wow

congrats

marauder

Quote from: pickdropper on November 20, 2014, 11:42:19 AM
Absolutely awesome.

Is that Korina?  Good quality Korina is getting harder to find and is quite expensive.  Still, a Korina V is the way to go if possible.

It's Korina.

jubal81

Ya, that V is amazing! Grats.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: marauder on November 20, 2014, 11:47:19 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on November 20, 2014, 11:42:19 AM
Absolutely awesome.

It's Korina.

I am incredibly jealous yet happy for you all the same.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

That V is pant tighteningly gorgeous.  While I claim I GAS for nothing, I really need to find a good V.

The Squier VI is tonnes of fun.  Really wish they'd put better tuners on them, but that's my only complaint.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

cooder

Gorgeous guitars and yes the Flying V is super tight and classy! 8)
BigNoise Amplification