News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boob Tube (Valvecaster) Road Rage and Klon Buffer content

Started by juansolo, May 16, 2011, 02:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimihendrix1987

Quote from: juansolo on May 17, 2011, 02:52:18 AM
You're right, I'm missing the 47n before the gain pot.
I'll fix it and upload again.

Fixed, just do a browser refresh.

Ok ! But what's up with r3 or 100k? Cleggy is still keeping it on his schem, but Juansolo said:

Quote from: Jimihendrix1987 on May 16, 2011, 12:05:24 PM3.What is happening with r3 (100k) and the 3rd lug of the tone Pot?

The tone pot is really just a treble cut. Pin 3 is not connected. 2 goes via a cap to ground and 1 connects to the output of the circuit and vol pin 3 (output is vol pin 2).

The R3 and R2 resistors mentioned by Cleggy the power feed to the plates. The 23-45v feed goes via them to pin 1 and 6 of the tube socket.

[/quote]

Should I use it or not?

Thanks !!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jimihendrix1987

Jimihendrix1987

Ei Juan !

Let me ask you something ! I've been thinking on making a Valvecaster and a Tube Boob together, powered with 12v (valvecaster) and 12 & 23v (tube boob). I will use 2 12BH7 (brimar) as you said is your best favourite one (i will trust you).

I will be using the valvecaster as a booster / lightly overdrive and the Tube boob as a pure overdrive. What do you think??

juansolo

Quote from: Jimihendrix1987 on May 18, 2011, 08:52:36 AM
Ei Juan !

Let me ask you something ! I've been thinking on making a Valvecaster and a Tube Boob together, powered with 12v (valvecaster) and 12 & 23v (tube boob). I will use 2 12BH7 (brimar) as you said is your best favourite one (i will trust you).

I will be using the valvecaster as a booster / lightly overdrive and the Tube boob as a pure overdrive. What do you think??

The Boob Tube is lower gain than the VC so more suitable as a booster, the VC doesnt clean up as well as the BT.  Lowering the resistors on the anodes will lower the gain if you need to.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jimihendrix1987

Thanks Man !! Your comments have been very useful !! ;D