News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New tayda code!!!

Started by jimilee, November 20, 2014, 10:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

try to keep your orders small. Maybe even split them up to avoid the import taxes. Shipping prices are low, so it will likely still be cheap.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Muadzin

I always split my orders up just for that very reason. I learned that the hard way when I ordered 10 125B boxes at once. Better to pay an extra $8 on shipping then a multitude of that in Euros in customs duties.

drolo

So how much would be the max to pass under the custom's radar, in your experience?

Adam_DIY

I haven't been hit with customs yet on any tayda order.  I think my largest in the U.K. Has been £120 yet we can only import £15 including delivery before taxes.  I've been very lucky so far.  On the customs declaration tayda have been very naughty and put £15 each time.  It's only a matter of time now but I've gotten so many orders tax free I won't be too upset when I get a vat bill for one of them.

Muadzin

Quote from: drolo on September 18, 2016, 07:23:46 AM
So how much would be the max to pass under the custom's radar, in your experience?

I never order more then €45 worth of stuff. Including shipping. As long as it fits in one of those brown bubble wrapped envelope of goodness I'm fairly safe as Adam_MD has said, they very naughtily state the total value to be $20 worth of electronics. I'm sure customs can check it out if they want to, but the manpower hours alone to find out how much each part costs will cost them more then they can make. Now if you order a bigger quantity Tayda can't use their nice brown bubble wrapped envelopes anymore. Bigger box means they have to state a bigger value, and that might put you past what you can import duty free. Which in the Netherlands is €25. Which means easy money for little work for those poor overworked customs officials.

ozzy666

15% Discount Coupon Code : "NUTELLA"
**Valid till 5 OCTOBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )

jimilee

Perfect, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ozzy666

15% Discount Coupon Code : "ATARI"
**Valid till 18 OCTOBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )

jimilee

Awwwsnap

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Muadzin

I'm gonna pass this one. I still have two bags worth 4 pedals waiting to be opened.

Adam_DIY

Sweet I've missed the last few

nzCdog

Thank-you... this thread is much easier to monitor that Tayda's page on FB ;D

ozzy666

15% Discount Coupon Code : "WINTER-IS-COMING"
**Valid till 3 NOVEMBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )

jimilee

Dang, it's getting hard to keep up anymore. They're coming fast and hard.

alanp

Figures.

And what gives? It'll be jandals and barbeque time, soon.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website