News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New tayda code!!!

Started by jimilee, November 20, 2014, 10:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

My recent order is coming from Thailand.   This is the first time for that.  All my other orders have come from Colorado.
I hope it doesn't take really long.
All You Need Is Love

jimilee

Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

It'll be better than fine.

Tayda's DHL from Thailand gets to me faster than Smallbear in the  USA or Thonk in the UK. Thai couriers are fast.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

devilsnight

For some reason I assumed all tayda orders came from thailand. There is always a 3-4 day wait and then the package is in colorado on its way. Do they really have a warehouse in colorado?? Either way, Tayda has always showed up faster than any US supplier I've ordered from and I'm in the midwest.

stringsthings

Quote from: devilsnight on December 08, 2016, 07:14:49 AM
For some reason I assumed all tayda orders came from thailand. There is always a 3-4 day wait and then the package is in colorado on its way. Do they really have a warehouse in colorado?? Either way, Tayda has always showed up faster than any US supplier I've ordered from and I'm in the midwest.

Maybe that's what's been happening with my orders all this time.  I always wondered why it took 3-4 days before would start showing tracking info.
In any case, I've always had good service and good shipping times from Tayda. 
All You Need Is Love

Adam_DIY

I live in England and used to receive tayda orders in 7 days now though it's taking anything up to 3 weeks to arrive and I'm not sure why.  I'd blame it on customs but I haven't been charged for any of my orders yet.

stringsthings

Well, my concerns were completely unfounded.   UPS just delivered my Tayda order.  This order arrived quicker than any
other order I've put in with them.  One difference I noted is that the package was shipped by UPS.  All my other Tayda packages
came from USPS. ( or DHL ) I also noticed that when I placed the order and selected a shipping option.  ( USPS wasn't an option for some reason )
I guess it was the size or part selection of the order.

The package arrived at the same time as a Mouser order that I put in on the same day.  ( 12/6 ) Highly satisfied with both companies.
Now I've just got to get to work on that backlog !   :)
All You Need Is Love

Govmnt_Lacky

Crossing my fingers for a surprise Christmas code.....

C'mon Tayda... let's do this!  8) ;D ;)

Willybomb

Tayda is great imo.  I usually get it in 7 days to Australia, never more than 14.

Futurlec on the other hand... I placed an order in August that I'm still waiting for.  I did get an email in October saying that besides two parts, my order was ready - did I want to wait, or just send what they had and refund the difference?  I told them it was so long ago that I couldn't remember what the order actually was and to just send it and refund the difference.

stringsthings

New discount code:

15% Discount Coupon Code : "XMAS"
**Valid till 25 DECEMBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )
All You Need Is Love

mjg

Just got my latest order from Tayda today - it took 9 days to arrive in Australia, which is pretty good. 

Weird thing is that it came via Germany.  Not sure why they would ship from Germany to Australia, rather than Thailand to Australia? 

Maybe Australia being in Eurovision has made them think we're in Europe now?

m-Kresol

Quote from: Willybomb on December 19, 2016, 03:03:23 AM
Futurlec on the other hand... I placed an order in August that I'm still waiting for.  I did get an email in October saying that besides two parts, my order was ready - did I want to wait, or just send what they had and refund the difference?  I told them it was so long ago that I couldn't remember what the order actually was and to just send it and refund the difference.

I had the same issue. "Only 2 items are missing". I had ordered 3. It's a pain in the butt to say the least. Not only do they not inform you in time, but actually declare items "in stock" when they aren't as futurlec is basically only a middle-man going shopping elsewhere for the advertised goods. They ended up sending me stereo pots/faders, which obviously didn't fit my pcb layout and pin out, despite me saying I'll wait for the correct mono pots. Just to make it up, they cancelled the other missing item without checking with me since the stereo pot (again, which I didn't order) was more expensive than the item I actually ordered and paid for.
Once, and never again!

Quote from: mjg on December 21, 2016, 10:06:43 AM
Weird thing is that it came via Germany.  Not sure why they would ship from Germany to Australia, rather than Thailand to Australia? 

Maybe Australia being in Eurovision has made them think we're in Europe now?

You know, Austria vs. Australia is a hard thing... We always say "no kangaroos in Austria". Is there an australian version like "No Schnitzel in Australia"?  ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

stringsthings

It's a shame that Futurlec service has gotten so poor.  I was really happy a long time ago when I was stocking up and got some of their value packs.
The shipping time has always been too long.  I haven't ordered from them in well over a year.    Much better service and shipping from Tayda.
All You Need Is Love

ozzy666

15% Discount Coupon Code : "HAPPY2017"
**Valid till 9 JANUARY 2017 ( 6pm New York time )

jimilee

MARIO is the new code good til Jan 23rd.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.