News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New tayda code!!!

Started by jimilee, November 20, 2014, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Maaan, I haven't been able to do anything with h my last order, it's still sitting on my desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brianq41369

I was just saying that I always miss it when I need to order something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianq41369

I was just saying that I always miss it when I need to order something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adam_DIY

Quote from: jimilee on December 21, 2017, 09:01:56 AM
Maaan, I haven't been able to do anything with h my last order, it's still sitting on my desk.

I'm in the same boat as you I have everything I need for my next few builds but haven't had time to actually build anything.  I'm hoping to get some free time over the next two weeks to finish some of them. 

lars

15% Discount Coupon Code : "JACKPOT"
Valid till January 25th
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

stringsthings

No new code but news:

They've improved the quality of their resistors.  On my recent order, I ordered a bunch of metal film, and the leads are not as flimsy.
The color of the blue is darker.  Same low price as before; 1.2 cents per.   
All You Need Is Love

JackSkellington

I noticed that in my last order, almost one years ago, just one package of resistors.
Sometime I used the thin leads of those resistors to join the jumpers in one hole in some veroboard layout. With thicker lead it will be a harder.
Anyway, I have a little bags with a bunch of old leads. ;)
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

alanp

You can put thin resistor leads into via's, usually :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Muadzin

I never understood the complaints about Tayda's thinner leads. I find them easy to work with, they bend way more easy and make for good jumpers on vero boards. Love those thinner leads!

jimilee

Quote from: Muadzin on May 11, 2018, 02:49:12 PM
I never understood the complaints about Tayda's thinner leads. I find them easy to work with, they bend way more easy and make for good jumpers on vero boards. Love those thinner leads!
They've been known to break, that's about it. I use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

somnif

Only complaint I've ever had with them is they don't work well with sockets if you want to play around with values. That's pretty much it for me.

chromesphere

Quote from: somnif on May 11, 2018, 04:27:28 PM

Only complaint I've ever had with them is they don't work well with sockets if you want to play around with values. That's pretty much it for me.

Yeah thats the main complaint i have as well.  Also using for links offboard, they tend to break.  I prefer thicker leads personally, but i can see both sides.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

JackSkellington

[...] I find them easy to work with, they bend way more easy and make for good jumpers on vero boards. Love those thinner leads!

Yes, I agree.

And yes, I admit that was a problem. I used to tin a bit the leads to create a thin thick to help the resistor to stuck in the socket.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Muadzin

Quote from: jimilee on May 11, 2018, 02:53:01 PMThey've been known to break, that's about it. I use them.

I think in all the time I've been using them I had two or three break on me. Which seems to be about the same as my experience with resistors with thicker leads. Which can often be a real bitch to desolder from a PCB as the thicker leads often cause them to jam while desoldering.

I noticed that too when I bought a simple breadboard. Ironically also from Tayda.

stringsthings

15% Discount Coupon Code : "ARDUINO"
**Valid till 19 MAY 2018 ( 6pm New York time )

The past two orders I've used DHL and it was pretty fast.
All You Need Is Love