News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

pcb query!

Started by adam_bz, November 23, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam_bz

hi, i get pcbs fabbed at iteed.

Has anyone ever experienced one of their boards from a batch being faulty?

Ive sold one to a guy and hes claiming that two pins are connected when on the design and all other boards they arent!

Anyone else come across this?

Stomptown

Yes, there are errors on PCBs from iTead from time to time (as there are with pcbs from all fabs).  Most of the time the error is between 2 neighboring pads where the copper is not properly etched although it could also be between two traces or a trace and a pad or a pad and the gnd or power plane. 

It's always a good idea to hold onto a couple PCBs in case this happens.  I haven't personally had to deal with this (yet) but my plan is to refund and send a new pcb if (when) it happens as to help offset the cost for wasted components. Some mistakes are obvious, but I've seen some here on the forum that are very difficult to spot.

blearyeyes

I've received two boards from different guys that had errors. One had a trace that wasn't etched properly that connected 18v to the 9v in pad.

Recently was half way through populating another board and found a through pad completely missing. So it happens.

adam_bz

were yours fabbed or etched?