News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pots work in Fatpants, but I'm not getting any sound

Started by barcslay, May 17, 2011, 01:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barcslay

Hey guys, this is my second build, but I seem to be having trouble. I built the Fatpants, and I have not been getting any sound...I took the whole thing apart and back together, tried different 3dpt wiring schemes....it's like nothing will work. Even though I'm getting no sound from my guitar, I can hear differences when I adjust the pots....I.E. the wooly noise when adjusting the fat setting. I'm completely stumped. Also, when I turn the pedal on, the LED is bright, and when it's off, it's just a dimmer shade...this is probably a simple problem, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

-Ryan

barcslay

I pulled all the wires back off the board in order to try and resolder them. Now I get nothing, but the weird LED thing is still happening.

maysink

Post some clear, in-focus pics of both sides of the PCB and your wiring to the stomp & jacks.

It sure sounds like something is wired incorrectly.
[nothing to see here]
-e

night-B

No sound in bypass + led still on = wiring problem...
Check your wiring with the continuity mode of the dmm  ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Like maysink said, big clear photos showing as much as you can (pcb, jacks, LED, wiring) will be the best way for us to help you.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

barcslay

I actually just played around with the input from the in jack and got it working. I'll upload pics of the finished product soon! Nice to know there's people willing to help though

Thanks guys,
Ryan