News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ridiculously Easy Light on Dark Method

Started by chromesphere, April 16, 2015, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

This is pretty cool have to see if I can find those Posca pens here and give it a shot! Great!
BigNoise Amplification

davent

I like that too Paul, appears a lashes above the eye and veining around the eyeball, random enhancement! Don't tell people it's a mistake but turned out just as planned and no one will be the wiser.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

billstein

Quote from: davent on April 17, 2015, 05:13:51 PM
Don't tell people it's a mistake but turned out just as planned and no one will be the wiser.

dave

Yep. It's not a bug it's a feature. If somebody doesn't like it, look them in the eye and say "You don't like that! Really! It's the same technique all the big artist are using today. Dude Google it!" 

The best defense is a good offense.

chromesphere

Are you marketing billstein? :D

Seriously though, i have thought of a really cool effect for this.  Im thinking white enclosure, small black posca text for the knobs.  But for the name of the pedal, large black posca font.  Then tracing a small amount of artline / sharpie over that.  So the title of the text would have these waves spreading out from it.  Going to have to do that for a future build!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

davent

Quote from: chromesphere on April 17, 2015, 07:47:50 PM
Are you marketing billstein? :D

Seriously though, i have thought of a really cool effect for this.  Im thinking white enclosure, small black posca text for the knobs.  But for the name of the pedal, large black posca font.  Then tracing a small amount of artline / sharpie over that.  So the title of the text would have these waves spreading out from it.  Going to have to do that for a future build!

If the Poscas are water soluble, to get the efffect and be somewhat in control you might just mist on some water after doing the lettering, if it's not to your liking the first time wash off and try again.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?