Started by Leevibe, November 28, 2014, 07:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

dont-tase-me-bro

looks bad ass, and non-Jar Jar Binks-ish
I thought this would save me money.

madbean

The new teaser! Just outstanding. I love the music near the end of the clip. Squueee~!

micromegas

wowowowow! I'm happy they have not screw it with the stormtroopers.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

slacker775

It may be early, and it's a lot of quick shots but at it doesn't have an overcooked-CGI look like the prequels had.  Perhaps actually using real props instead of using CGI for everything gives a much better look and feel and probably also helps the actors appear less wooden.

playpunk

I just love Star Wars... We watched it as a family when I was 12 or something, and I remember it being a big event.

Then when I was a fantastically nerdy middleschooler I read a ton of star wars fiction.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Leevibe

raulduke

It's looking good... Real good!

Can't wait.

wgc

OMG!

I feel like I'm 11 again.  Can't wait for this! 
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

juansolo

I've been burned so many times and betrayed by George that I cannot allow myself to get excited by this.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

CodeMonk

Looking forward to it.

Hope it doesn't suck (IMO) like the prequels though.
I'm a little bit of a Star Wars geek.
Not geeky enough to have the dolls (Sorry, "Action Figures"), and stuff, but I was geeky enough to ask my (then) girlfriend for ALL the movies (1 - 6) for my birthday one year.
And she was geeky enough to know what I was talking about and to buy the right versions for me (She's also an EE).
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

raulduke

I thought you were going to say you got your girlfried to dress up in that Leia outfit  ;D

micromegas

Quote from: raulduke on April 17, 2015, 04:37:02 AM
I thought you were going to say you got your girlfried to dress up in that Leia outfit  ;D
This one?

"can I... touch your buns?"  ;D
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

culturejam

I am really getting jazzed. The new trailers *seem* to  indicate that CGI is perhaps less of a role in the new film. I love me some CGI, but not everything in a scene other than human actors needs to be computer generated.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

It makes it easier for the actors to get into the role. One DC fanfic I read had a character planning on having actors voluntarily go through Martian Manhunter brain-massaging to *really* get into roles.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website