News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Myth drive (Sunking in a 1590b)

Started by josetxu, May 05, 2011, 03:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubeman

Conclusion... LM313H is a bipolar reference diode.

1n34a's and BAT41's worked when installed correctly, but the LM313H whips them all over the wall!

Havin two sunkings in one box helps with the auditioning of diodes for sure!

hoyager

Those diodes are upward of $20 each!, they must sound fantastic, did you have them already for a time?

tubeman

I saw that after I realized how nice they sounded. Seems to be an insane price. But hey, if someone wanted to give me 20 bux a piece for a thousand pieces, I'm game.

I had them stashed away in my personal stock. Never touched by human hands. Had no idea they were worth that much. It pays to never throw anything away.

I also have two other types.

CR100
CR220

Several hundred NOS unknown zeners with Gold Filaments as well. Sheesh... I'm always finding stuff!

I need to try these as well.

josetxu

I've yet to try more diodes, I've tried banzai's 1n34a and some old germanium diodes I've have lying arround for a long time (OF305). In both cases the drive doesn't really start since past middle in the gain control but... what a sound!! I tried it yesterday with my '63 vibroverb reissue and it sounded incredible.

I will surely change the volume pot for a logarithmic (audio taper) one for better control of the great amount of volume gain available.

Thanks everybody!!