News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fat Pants Boost

Started by PhiloB, December 02, 2014, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

My first reverse etch.  Didn't get it quite deep enough.  Overall happy for the first attempt.  The only primer I had was white and you can see I sanded thought the metallic blue inside the skull in places.  BTW, do you guys use primer withb Rustoleum Metallic spray?
Stupid mistake on this one - wired the soft toggle to the switch spot on the PCB!
Just a stock MB Fatpants:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickdropper

It may not be a deep etch, but it's quite clean.  Looks great.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

Great job on the etch. I really love the artwork placement and knob eyes.

The one thing I found with reverse etching is, its easy to put to much paint on and "fill" your etched areas. I have done a few enclosures, when testing various paint, that will fill to much. I then wet sand and I instantly loose the etch and destroy the paint job. I think by adding a primer, it would just add to the fill factor. I just shoot a few coats of paint and then wet sand then clear coat. But definitely experiment... who knows, you may find it works just right for you.

Cody

PhiloB

Thanks guys.  So no primer.  I'll give that a shot next and leave the box in the acid a little longer.

cooder

I also think it looks great all around, great etch too and looking clean! No problem with the depth visible. 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Hogharry

I think it worked out really well. Can't wait to see the results of the refined technique!
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

bcalla

Looks great to me!  I'd love to learn how to do that!

stecykmi

reminds me of one i did a while back! mine is a SI fuzzface with extra bass.

marmora

Todo esta bien

Sparkles and skulls, a great combination

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.