News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Introducing LUBDAR

Started by Lubdar, December 12, 2014, 04:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lubdar

Hi everyone, having missed out on formally introducing myself in this thread, I thought I'd take a moment to do just that.
Lubdar is the name I'm going with (like "Tub"+"Dart"-"t").
My hobbies have varied over the years, but mostly in the spirit of DIY, I've always just wanted to say "I made that".
I don't really play guitar; I was a drummer whose messed around with guitar, but nowadays I enjoy the learning/building/creating phase.

I used to blog about papercraft for old squaresoft related videogames . This year I started building pedals using a breadboard looking PCB and the Beavis Audio Website.  For the longest time I'd seen the words "Madbean" come up on Chromesphere's youtube videos but I had never tried my hand at an actual PCB, but then earlier this year I decided to order the Slow Loris. Turned out great, had no problems with the build, and I was able to give it to my friend for his wedding present.   But recently I've been trying to learn more about pedals and how to make them sound different ways, I've been doing a very poor job of documenting it on my effects journey blog http://www.blackskycraft.blogspot.com.

I hope to learn many a things from the community here.
-Lubdar
(--c^.^)--c

Stomptown

Welcome Lubdar! The DIY spirit is alive and well here and I can't wait to see what you have to contribute!

cooder

I'm just too sure you will learn lots here and have creative fun.... welcome to the forum, welcome to your new addiction....! ;)
BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

selfdestroyer

Yaaaa! more addicts. The more there are the more it makes us all look normal. Welcome.

Cody

wgc

Welcome!  (Again, hope my post elsewhere didn't do the opposite. )

Looking forward to seeing more great stuff!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Lubdar

Quote from: wgc on December 12, 2014, 01:42:32 PM
Welcome!  (Again, hope my post elsewhere didn't do the opposite. )

Looking forward to seeing more great stuff!

Heh it's all good, I don't mind. If anything it was a reminder for me to introduce myself to this great community I've been missing out on thus far. :)

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 12, 2014, 06:13:25 AM
Yaaaa! more addicts. The more there are the more it makes us all look normal. Welcome.

Cody
I assembled my last drumset, it was an excellent experience (Keller maple shells, Slingerland hardware, black satin finish) it was nice...and addicting. I'd lose sleep searching online for the right parts, or the best deals.

I also have been stenciling and more recently screen printing t-shirts for the past decade.  Nothing large scale, but no one is ever going to make a shirt with the images I want on them so once again I figured I would take up the hobby myself. Fortunately the screen printing has paid off in terms of enclosure artwork.  Right now its fairly monochromatic, but I look forward to moving on toward more colors, etching, and a combination of etching and stencils.
(--c^.^)--c

Leevibe

Quote from: Lubdar on December 12, 2014, 02:08:14 PM
I assembled my last drumset, it was an excellent experience (Keller maple shells, Slingerland hardware, black satin finish) it was nice...and addicting. I'd lose sleep searching online for the right parts, or the best deals.

I also have been stenciling and more recently screen printing t-shirts for the past decade.  Nothing large scale, but no one is ever going to make a shirt with the images I want on them so once again I figured I would take up the hobby myself. Fortunately the screen printing has paid off in terms of enclosure artwork.  Right now its fairly monochromatic, but I look forward to moving on toward more colors, etching, and a combination of etching and stencils.

Right on. It's good to know there's another drum builder and screen printer among us! I'm into both.