News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tap tempo should be on the ...

Started by midwayfair, December 06, 2014, 12:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which side of the enclosure should tap tempo be on?

Left
15 (27.3%)
Right
15 (27.3%)
Doesn't really matter, but I prefer left
13 (23.6%)
Doesn't really matter, but I prefer right
12 (21.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

drolo

If you are going to mod your shoe, you might as well add a motion detection CV output too  8)

RobA

And a proximity sensor. Hmm, maybe if we start with the phone in the shoe, we can get the rest for free.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

eldanko

Just checked the poll results. 40 votes, and we apparently haven't helped you one bit.  ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

AntKnee

I prefer my bypass switch on the left, and my other switches, like tap, boost, etc. on the right. Like reading, left to right, turn it on, then move to other controls.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

culturejam

Tap (or boost or any extra function) on the left for me.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: eldanko on December 09, 2014, 10:44:15 AM
Just checked the poll results. 40 votes, and we apparently haven't helped you one bit.  ;D

I  predict a lot of arguments and confusion over the results.  We'll have to check for hanging chads.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rumbletone

How about you use momentary on both, and add a toggle to swap which one controls relay bypass and which controls tap tempo? Best of both worlds...

morganp

I always put my "extra" switch on the left, probably due to the "direction of signal flow" logic others have mentioned. 

I do almost all my stomping with my right foot, regardless of where the switch lies on my pedalboard.  Is this going in like a 1590BB?  Honestly, I couldn't imagine choosing which foot to use based on what side of the box the switch is on; that's a matter of a few inches difference on the box (at most), where my feet will be much farther away from each other than that.  I'm not gonna switch to my left foot all of a sudden because the tap switch is all the way on the other side of the enclosure.  Maybe I'd feel different if I weren't a giant?
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

aballen

For me it just seems intuitive to keep the bypass stomp on the right.  Much like the input jack, you just would not move that to the left side. 

I always tap with my right foot though.  I don't think putting the tap tempo stomp on the right would make a difference though.  You are talking two inches.