News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Behemoth / Ezekiel

Started by the3secondrule, December 06, 2014, 02:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Well, I got some boards fabbed up for a DAM ezekiel clone, with board mounted alpha rotary switch and 16mm pots.
Got it built and I had a number of the pots wired backwards as well as a missing connection in my schematic.
I was going to put it in a 125b and live with the faults (until the revised boards arrived), but I had this enclosure that I got in a box of blems from PPP, and figured I might as well use it.
I Hate Hate Hate doing off board wiring for pots though, so it was a battle of willpower to get this thing done while keeping it reasonable tidy inside. All told, I'm pretty happy with the guts:

the enclosure does have an unused hole though - any thoughts on what could go there? I'm thinking a switchable LPF on the dry side for extra fatness.

Thanks for lookin'  8)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

LaceSensor

notify me when the boards proper are in stock? I miss my old vero zeke

the3secondrule

the3secondrule

LaceSensor

i dont have any of those, is all :)

the3secondrule

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 08, 2014, 01:19:29 AM
i dont have any of those, is all :)

Ah right, gotcha  8)
I have a bunch so I could throw one in with the PCB - it'd bump the shipping cost up a fair bit though, i'd Imagine

I only went with those switches as I've always had a hell of a time trying to use those alpha rotaries with PCB mount pots - the short PCB mount pots are too short, and the long PCB mount pots are too long. maybe there's some trick to it?

Hexjibber

I'd definitely be up for a board or two on the new run, always wanted to try this pedal!

the3secondrule

Quote from: Hexjibber on December 10, 2014, 09:08:19 AM
I'd definitely be up for a board or two on the new run, always wanted to try this pedal!

I'm hoping they won't be too far away now, I'll keep you guys posted.

Looking forward to trying this at band practise tonight with my big rig (150w valve head and ampeg 6x10)

gül

Did these ever get finished?

the3secondrule

Hey, yeah I did end up doing a small order of these boards. I'm all out now, But I could do another group-buy if there was sufficient interest...

brucer

Quote from: the3secondrule on February 07, 2016, 01:56:59 AM
Hey, yeah I did end up doing a small order of these boards. I'm all out now, But I could do another group-buy if there was sufficient interest...

With rotary switches?  Please?   :)

the3secondrule

Honestly, for what it would cost to post you a switch from New Zealand, you could buy 20 of them from China, and they'd arrive just as quickly/slowly :) or close enough anyway. I think last time I posted a switch, the postage went from $3 (for a board only) to $18 for board and switch...

alanp

He's right. Does Smallbear carry them? Perhaps you might drop Steve a note.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

brucer

Fair points.  Just another run of boards then? 

Unless this is the same board (https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/KE0blXBg)?  I could just make my own order and offer up the spares.  Not in a HUGE rush, after all.