News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

true bypass stereo switching

Started by Muadzin, December 07, 2014, 07:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

I'm planning on doing a new looper for my pedal board as I'm growing tired of tapdancing. But it has to include some stereo looping because I run my delays and reverb in stereo. I'd rather not have to press two switches so I would prefer to use a single switch to activate the stereo loops. Does anybody know how to wire a switch for true bypass stereo loops? I assume that a normal 3PDT won't be enough, so could I do it with a 4PDT switch and how would I have to wire it?

Thanks in advance.

jkokura

4PDT can do it without an LED, or you can use relays and a micro controller.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Muadzin

Quote from: jkokura on December 07, 2014, 08:00:39 AM
4PDT can do it without an LED, or you can use relays and a micro controller.

Jacob

Could I do it with a 4PDT and using millenium switching, basically a 4PDT wired as a dual millenium switch?

The relay sounds interesting though. How would I have to wire that?

jkokura

Yes, I've heard about people doing a dual millennium setup. That could work.

The relay based system is a bit more complicated though. I'm not sure the best way, but essentially, you should be able to use a dual momentary switch to switch two different relay bypass boards simultaneously. I think there are several companies that sell relay bypass boards, but THC here is probably the one I'd recommend. Thomas is the man when it comes to understanding micro controllers around here.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

alanp

You could also put two 3PDT's slap bang next to each other, so you can't help but hit both at once. Not a very pretty solution, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website