News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gilmourizer II

Started by juansolo, December 07, 2014, 05:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: Hogharry on December 07, 2014, 11:33:15 PM
I wish I'd known about the Decimator boards sooner. I tried find one for a Christmas pressie multi I'm building for my son but I failed. It's probably too late to get one and the chips here in time for the build now. Unless you have a spare? Alternatively you could pull that one out for me...   ...on the other hand maybe not.

The THAT chips are easy enough to get hold of (Farnell here). The Decimator layout Haberdasher can do for you. It's the one Galego/Slade did over on DIYSB. I've a copy of it here: http://juansolo.co.uk/stompage/schematics/ISP/

It's VERY tight in places... You'll end up using a mixture of 1/8th watt resistors and odd tants here and there to get it all in. Never bothered with the G-String version as I tend to use them for specific things like this.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

TNblueshawk

Pure insanity in the best possible way!
John

Hogharry

Quote from: juansolo on December 08, 2014, 09:18:24 AM
The THAT chips are easy enough to get hold of (Farnell here). The Decimator layout Haberdasher can do for you. It's the one Galego/Slade did over on DIYSB. I've a copy of it here: http://juansolo.co.uk/stompage/schematics/ISP/

It's VERY tight in places... You'll end up using a mixture of 1/8th watt resistors and odd tants here and there to get it all in. Never bothered with the G-String version as I tend to use them for specific things like this.
Thanks John, I missed Farnell. I'm building a Grindy style pre board mute/tuner out>comp>klone I would add the gate but I'm its cutting it too fine to try to get a board from the US in time. Maybe I will do one in a separate box later. It's a shame because it would all fit in the box. I don't really want to add a gate knob with nothing inside but it's tempting.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

juansolo

Quote from: Hogharry on December 08, 2014, 09:32:33 PM
Quote from: juansolo on December 08, 2014, 09:18:24 AM

Thanks John, I missed Farnell. I'm building a Grindy style pre board mute/tuner out>comp>klone I would add the gate but I'm its cutting it too fine to try to get a board from the US in time. Maybe I will do one in a separate box later. It's a shame because it would all fit in the box. I don't really want to add a gate knob with nothing inside but it's tempting.

You have PM...

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

raulduke

pickdropper

A bit late to the part on this one.

Fantastic build, John.  That wiring sets the standard.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

marmaliser

Never too late to state that that is awesomage

Hogharry

Am I right in thinking that the IC on the vero is a TL072?
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

juansolo

Quote from: Hogharry on December 12, 2014, 03:21:25 PM
Am I right in thinking that the IC on the vero is a TL072?

Yup

Hogharry

...because it's half the TL074 in the Super Deluxe.

juansolo

Indeed :)

No reason you couldn't graft in the 'tape' filter instead if you prefer.