News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Updates

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, May 19, 2011, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

I've had several orders from the tayda site, but ship from within the states. I think the reason you would pay more at the thaishine site is for convenience, you can almost bet you will have your products in about 4 days or so rather than 2 weeks, if yours in the states.
Pcbs no longer available

small fish

Well, located in germany it really doesn´t matter to me....it´ll take weeks for shipping, either US or Asia.
just wondering  ;)

compared to the prices you´ve to pay for some of these parts around here, it´s worth waiting  :D
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!

slimtriggers

Davies 1510 clones, chickenheads and some super bright green LEDs 8)

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/new-arrivals.html

Ettore_M

Quote from: slimtriggers on January 21, 2012, 01:23:30 AM
Davies 1510 clones, chickenheads and some super bright green LEDs 8)

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/new-arrivals.html
That's great, man!  ;D  Thanks for the heads-up! I ordered a few things from them last week (expecting them on monday.. yey!) and it seems now I will order again!  ::)
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

cjkbug

check your order thoroughly when it arrives. I just received a $200 order with several bags with wrong valued caps. like 100 1uf box caps labeled .0047uf and .027 caps labeled .022, a dozen tlo71's instead of 72's,  and many more. several values I ordered weren't sent at all. this was the first problem I've had with them and I don't know how often it goes on. on the whole they are pretty reliable but I just wanted to let you guys know
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Ettore_M

Quote from: cjkbug on January 21, 2012, 04:26:32 PM
check your order thoroughly when it arrives. I just received a $200 order with several bags with wrong valued caps. like 100 1uf box caps labeled .0047uf and .027 caps labeled .022, a dozen tlo71's instead of 72's,  and many more. several values I ordered weren't sent at all. this was the first problem I've had with them and I don't know how often it goes on. on the whole they are pretty reliable but I just wanted to let you guys know
I've ordered three times (orders about 50$ sum) from them without any problems.. This thing with different values just happened once. 27nF labeled as 22nF. Only one time. Other than that, it never happened to me that something was missing. Until now, I'm really satisfied with the service and quality...

How did you manage this problem? Did you communicate with them? What did they answer?
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Smeero

I've had missing items bagged with other items and not labelled. (so not missing after all)

And 8.2k resistors instead of 6.2k but the color codes were easily confused with the faint stripes on the batch sent. Everything else spot on every time like 10 times now.

lloyd17

I have had a few errors of omission with my Tayda orders but they make it right pretty much immediately. Well as immediately as shipping components from Thailand can be. Be sure to unbag everything as I have had five or six values of resistors bagged up together. It helps to lay your DMM on a sample of everything on receipt just to make certain.

When I was building up my dirtbag the they sent me 1n8 instead of 3n9 caps which I was lucky to notice as I populated. No matter though, I had 3n9 on hand and I can likely use 1n8 in the future.

Ettore_M

My order from Tayda just arrived today! ;D I didn't have any problems. I unbagged all the stuff out and checked them out. All the parts were there.. So don't be afraid to order from them at anytime. I've never had any serious problem with them. Mistakes just happen all the time!  ;)

Hector

P.S. I'm not advertising them. Just a satisfied customer here!  ;D
- Culturejam

marmaliser

Had an order from tayda a couple of weeks ago and everything was there and labeled up correctly. Nice.

Just noticed a few things on the site that look new

OPA2134PA  http://www.taydaelectronics.com/new-arrivals/opa2134pa-opa2134-ic-op-amp.html $2.45

8 Pin Machine Tooled IC Socket http://www.taydaelectronics.com/new-arrivals/8-pin-dip-ic-socket-machine-tooled.html

Haberdasher

^^^
Awesome, thanks for posting!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

TNblueshawk

Has anyone ever emailed Tayda with suggestions about some parts to carry and if so did they respond in some way?

For example, their enclosures selection sucks. Since they are in business for pedal junkies, it would appear, not to have a better selection of enclosures is odd, but what do I know.
John

marmaliser

I haven't but I think they encourage you to do do on their Facebook

Haberdasher

I asked in an email if they could pick up some 125b enclosures but I didn't get a response.  One of you facebookers could try asking for them there.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS