Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Updates

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, May 19, 2011, 08:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Quote from: timbo_93631 on September 21, 2011, 12:43:04 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on September 21, 2011, 12:32:43 PM
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 21, 2011, 10:09:38 AMGo on the facebook and ask for a coupon, the lady always hooks me up.

Thanks for the tip but it won't help me.  Evidently I am the last remaining human without a facebook acct. :D

No, I am _the_ other human without a facebook account!

Nope, add me to the list and I'll take it a step further. I've made a vow to myself to never have one, ever. I actually still pick up the phone and talk to my close friends and family....a novel idea I know  :) .
John

gtr2

Quote from: pjpedals on September 21, 2011, 07:45:15 AM

All reports so far are that their PT2399 chips are a tad iffy. It seems their specs run wider than most, causing a lot of builds to act funny. YMMV

I had a feelin, this is why I asked.  Thanks.

Quote from: jimmybjj on September 21, 2011, 07:44:56 AM
I bought some about a year ago. I've used one is a little Angel chorus. Worked fine. I can send you one in tomorrow's mail if you want to try it out before you make a order.

Thanks for the offer but don't have any immediate plans for one at the moment.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

redbean

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 21, 2011, 12:32:43 PM

Thanks for the tip but it won't help me.  Evidently I am the last remaining human without a facebook acct. :D

Nope.  ;D
es là-bas!!

sgmezei

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 21, 2011, 10:09:38 AM
Quote from: Haberdasher on September 21, 2011, 09:52:02 AM
Yeah, I noticed their green colored .022 wima box caps are roughly 1uF sized.  I haven't tried to fit them onto anything yet.

I didn't receive notice of there being any coupon.  Hook a brotha up?

It's funny, my last order included red, blue and yellow WIMA caps. Go on the facebook and ask for a coupon, the lady always hooks me up.
The black knobs are already gone!!! geeezz i hope they get some more!

who/where do you ask for a coupon on their facebook page?

Thanks!

rullywowr

So my first experience with Tayda isn't going so well.  I purchased about $160 worth of goods from them on September 12th and payed with PayPal.  I kept checking the status of my order and it just kept saying "ordered." 

After about 10 days, I sent a quick email to them asking what's up.  They responded that I haven't paid the full total of the order.  What the @)$(%?  I sent them a copy of the PayPal receipt and they responded back that while they did get this there was a balance of like $10 and change.  I was stumped.  They said this was a PayPal error and beyond their control.

They waived the $10 balance and within 48 hours of my email discussion with them, they shipped out the order.  I informed them that I have heard great things about their product and while this is my first order I was hoping it wouldn't be my last.  I will have to wait now to see what arrives.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

sgmezei

the did the SAME thing with me.

I placed an order and quickly received an email about a "paypal error" and had to send them an extra $15. I paid it and they shipped my order. It seemed super sketchy to me.

jkokura

What's the point of getting a coupon and buying stuff on sale if you end up paying the difference anyway? I've never ordered from Tayda...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

That's odd. I have ordered from Tayda a bunch of times, small orders, large orders, and everything in between, and I have never had that problem from them.

Myramyd

I had my debit/credit card hacked via a PayPal transaction a few months back. I had ordered from Madbean, Tayda, and MusicPCB the same day so I don't know which one was the cause I thought about informing MB and Taylor but, since they can't tell me which site it was I didn't want to raise alarm or blame.

I had a client who had the same thing happen to their site/clients so we switched to Google Checkout. Before that we had many people call and say outright that they wouldn't order from them since PayPal was the only option and they had been hacked before via PayPal transactions.

I still get wary every time I order from someone who only accepts PayPal, since it's happened twice to me. (Previous time was 3 years ago.)

So, that extra charge may be some kind of hacker adding a charge onto it.

But, I didn't have any issues as far as extra charges with Tayda. It got here pretty quick. Little consolation when my bank account was disabled for about two weeks though...

J

rullywowr

Thanks for the confirmation...it seems I am not alone.  I am not too worried about the order arriving complete, it is just a pain that it was held up for like 10 days!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

marmaliser

Was the amount unpaid the postage amount? I am sure on my few small orders with them that whilst going though the  paypal process some pages  had the postage included but others did not. 

Haberdasher

Quote from: jkokura on September 22, 2011, 09:30:00 AM
What's the point of getting a coupon and buying stuff on sale if you end up paying the difference anyway? I've never ordered from Tayda...

Jacob
I'm not sure what you mean by paying the difference anyway.  I've never had a single problem with Tayda and I've made orders with them 4 or 5 times now.  It's a heckuva bargain IMHO.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

irmcdermott

i think Jacob is just referencing that if you were to use a coupon, for say $10 off, and then they say that there is a $10 unpaid difference (due to a Paypal error), the coupon is then useless.

But again, I've ordered many times from them, orders that were large & small, and I've never had an issue.

dwstanford

Ive ordered from tayda many times and have had great results.  The first time i ordered from them, it took nearly a month to get my order, but they told me ahead of time that it would be that long.  That was when they were first getting into carrying pedal building supplies.  Since then, they have gotten better and better.  Ive noticed their prices have started to creep up a bit each time i order, but they are still so much cheaper than anywhere else.

lloyd17

Just wanted to follow up on my post about Tayda 2399's. I got one from small bear and it performed exactly as the 4 I got from Tayda so for the moment those 50 cent 2399's are a super deal.