News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SunLion & Sunking II

Started by Tdub, May 16, 2015, 07:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdub

First, the Sunking. I didn't realise how little margin for error drilling a 1590BB has for the Sunking II but we managed to get it in there with a little light remedial work.

Had an issue where the 422k and 392k resistors weren't working but one that got sorted, we were away. What a great sounding circuit! I put little slider switchers on the board so I could set and forget.

Second, the Sunlion. This ended up being a total mission to fit all the stuff in due to having a pre-drilled case that didn't put the jacks low enough. I had to remove the nice PCB mounted pots and wire them in. I had a Madbean Rangemaster board but I decided to go against using it as the new version a) wouldn't fit, b) used a BS250 that I can't source anywhere, and c) I already had the charge pump on the Mangler PCB. I used a three way on-off-on switch for the Rangemaster input and used a terminal strip layout as devised by RG Keen. It's all a whole lot less tidier that I'd like; it's a bit of a spaghetti junction but it works and it sounds good so all's well.

TGP39

Hi Tdub.  Fantastic job on both of these projects.  I really love the Sunking. It's never easy to drill those holes exactly where you want them.  Really impressive.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

nzCdog

both builds looks really great...  mission accomplished! 8)