News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

the Monsterplex

Started by timbo_93631, December 10, 2014, 10:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Quote from: timbo_93631 on December 12, 2014, 01:53:21 AM
Just got home from the hospital guys, got massively rear ended by a drunk driver who made no attempt to stop and was going about 40mph.  Our car is totaled, timbo_93631 is okay.  I'm thanking God for saving my life, and that all my kids were at home with mama when it happened.  The demo will have to be uploaded tomorrow, I have many hurts.

Sorry to hear man. There's people out there that shouldn't have a license.

I seriously hope you're doing great now.

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

selfdestroyer

Just got home from the hospital guys, got massively rear ended by a drunk driver who made no attempt to stop and was going about 40mph.  Our car is totaled, timbo_93631 is okay.  I'm thanking God for saving my life, and that all my kids were at home with mama when it happened.  The demo will have to be uploaded tomorrow, I have many hurts.

Insane! If you need anything just holler, seriously, anything. I am so glad you are ok and the clan was at home.

Cody

Leevibe

Tim, I'm really glad you're ok. No doubt shaken up! Thank God you're still with us and that your family still has you.

alanp

Take care of yourself. You, your family, and your collective health comes before this hobby.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Oh man Tim that's rough, hope you are ok in all that mess!
My thoughts are with you...!
Most of all good to hear that you are by the sounds not too seriously hurt and that no one else of your family was im the car. The impact and scare will still be one to digest amongst all the hassle.
BigNoise Amplification

timbo_93631

Thanks guys, the prayers and well wishes mean so much to me.  Physically, yeah just beat up and sore.  I'll go to my orthopedic doc next week for some advanced imaging to see if all is well in my back.  My poor wife is having a really hard time with the idea that it was a close call, she is sensitive and struggles with anxiety so if any of you want to pray some more please pray for her mental healing over the ordeal.  I'm shaken by what a close call it was.  I think the front bumper of the truck that hit me was about a foot away from my head at the point of deepest penetration into my car as the driver seat collapsed backwards and he basically drove up into the trunk and back seat area.  I'm comforted that my kids and wife were all safe, and that if I hadn't been there the guy would have blown the stop sign during rush hour and t-boned and killed someone.  Hug your loved ones a little longer today folks.  Life is short and I am grateful to be here right now.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Mat

Glad to hear you're ok. That was a close one and I can imagine the stress you and your wife are going through. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones. Have a nice weekend and enjoy life.

Shrtyska9

Sorry to hear about the accident Tim. Sending prayers and good vibes your way.

Richard

Richard

dodgechargerfan

Amazing build! It's difficult to add to what's already been said.
Sorry about the accident.

Stomptown

Wow Tim! I'm glad you are okay. Things like this really put things in perspective.  Saying a prayer for you and your family.

wgc

so glad you are ok, hope your wife is ok too.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

sonarchotic

Glad your alright! Sounds terrifying. I wish we had much stiffer penalties for drunk driving. I say that as a hypocrite who did plenty of dumb stuff when I was younger but I have no tolerance for it now. I hear about too many drunk driving accidents.
Your pedal is hard to fathom. Fantastic work!

davent

Glad you came through relatively unscathed!

Up here distracted driving, ie. cellphones and texting, have surpassed drunk driving as the #1 cause of car accidents.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

billstein

Praying for you. So glad you're alright.