News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

the Monsterplex

Started by timbo_93631, December 10, 2014, 10:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

The Monsterplex was going to be my fall contest submission, but I ran into a few technical issues and had to slow down to make sure all the switching/signal routing was right.  After many hours of wiring, it wasn't!  So many hours of rewiring later it is ALIVE!

The pedal features a Multiplex with modulation daughterboard, a Zero-Point DD, and a Galacticon Deluxe Phase 45.  The Phase 45 can be standalone or assigned to the repeats of the ZPDD, and the ZPDD can be standalone or assigned to the repeats of the Multiplex.  Both delays feature dedicated slam controls, and adjustable ramps on the MP.  Both also have FX loops after the assignable onboard effects and expression control jacks for the mix controls one either delay so you can fade into them.  Both delays also have trails bypass.  Demo to follow.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jubal81

That's flat out incredible.  :o

... and I have no idea how it works. We're gonna have to hear it!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

davent

Any second thoughts on single colour wiring?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

Quote from: davent on December 10, 2014, 11:12:15 AM
dave

Wow, no kidding.  That was my first thought as well.  I'm guessing there was a lot of time with the DMM on the continuity setting.

Great job.  Amazing build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Luke51411

...   ....     ....   gasp... speechless.

brejna

gtr2

No words.........  :o

Can we get a recount for the contest ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bcalla

Quote from: davent on December 10, 2014, 11:12:15 AM
dave

It's not single color... You missed the orange/white striped wire on the LEDs.   ;D

Holy crap that's impressive!!

cooder

Absolutely amazing :o you've outdone yourself, Tim, and that means a lot!
Congrats! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Tremster

Droogie

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

midwayfair

I spy with my little eye, something that begins with Cth.

This looks like it was ... maddening to build.

timbo_93631

It took quite awhile to get right, but not really because of the single color (aside from the orange/white on +9v) wiring so much as just getting everything to play nice assigning things to the repeats and also some issues with the loops.  But it was slow and tedious work.  Nice that after reworking it everything fired right up.  It sounds really nice, and I am looking forward to sending it off to Mat, the buyer.  He created the graphics, and has been lurking here so if you guys dig the aesthetic, all credit goes to him on that one.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups