News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Kitteh Cannon

Started by juansolo, December 13, 2014, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Still no lamps for the light tent so this was a swine to photo...

I decided to make a multimuff (I was so tempted to put LeeLoo Dallas on it as all I can hear in my head is Moooltimuff). Anyhow, it's not got that, it's The Kitteh Cannon. A weapon loaded with some of the angriest muffs out there.

In here is an Ultrastoner MkII, the ultimate muff of stoner goodness, a TSM680 MkII, the ultimate muff of undiscovered awesomeness and an ICBM, because quite frankly, anything less would have sounded a little weak next to those two. They're all hooked together using Thomas' Ultimate Switch.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Leevibe

Rad, rad, RAD!! Tell me about the LEDs. They look like they have a little metal base. Or is that just the way the pic looks?

I was kind of expecting the guts to look more like this:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=18771.0

juansolo

LOL!

Nah the LEDs are just pushed through.

midwayfair

hehehehehehehehehe Where is that picture from?

micromegas

Quote from: midwayfair on December 13, 2014, 07:41:35 PM
hehehehehehehehehe Where is that picture from?

quick search on google images revealed this:
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

juansolo

Just one I found when looking for something else and added it to the 'I must use this at some point on a pedal' folder. Looks awesome in person. I think it comes up if you search for kitten gun.

Loved the pic. Also loved the details like the first kitten relieving itself ;)

GrindCustoms

That looks awesome!  Still have to do a test run of the TSM680MkII  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

alanp

There are some strange, strange people out there.

So, Juan, what happens at full welly with everything on?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Quote from: alanp on December 13, 2014, 08:45:10 PM
There are some strange, strange people out there.

So, Juan, what happens at full welly with everything on?
... or is the switching system set up that you only can select one of them at a time, the other one switches off, which would be a probably sane thing to do unless you like full on chaos...?
I still have to fully understand this radio button concept when I see the need to build it in...
BigNoise Amplification

juansolo

Yeah it's the radio button set up. So:

When they're all off, stomp any effect and it comes on, stomp the active effect again and it goes off.
When an effect is active, stomp any other effect and it switches to that effect.

To be honest I only put it in because we have a surplus of relays. I'd just go for regular Optotrons. But it's pretty cool.

cooder

Quote from: juansolo on December 13, 2014, 09:25:28 PM
Yeah it's the radio button set up. So:

When they're all off, stomp any effect and it comes on, stomp the active effect again and it goes off.
When an effect is active, stomp any other effect and it switches to that effect.

To be honest I only put it in because we have a surplus of relays. I'd just go for regular Optotrons. But it's pretty cool.
Makes sense and I guess is a great way to switch three full on Muffs as you wouldn't really want two or three in series under sane conditions...
I do like relay switching, have just received a good batch of THC ueberswitches and really looking forward to putting them into builds, just really short in spare time at present and that will remain so in the next two or three months.
BigNoise Amplification

icecycle66

I thought linking Mk19 rounds was a pain-

selfdestroyer

Haha Love the artwork. Super clean build. 2  Ultrastoner has got to be insane, now I want to try to stack em.

Cody

Hogharry

This gotta be a lot of fun! I love the idea that a surplus of relays can justify such awesomeness.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...