News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

YARUBADUB

Started by ggarms, December 14, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

This was my weekend project-population, Tex and case art friday, boxing sunday. My girlfriend started a new job a few months ago and kept telling me I needed to meet one of her coworkers because "he plays guitar too". I met the fellow and he's a super nice guy, and we got to talking. He knew I built pedals from some prior conversations with my girlfriend. He mentioned he had had no luck with any of the builds he tried. He seemed pretty bummed....I asked him about them-both were BYOC kits that just didn't work out. I offered to take a look at them for him, not expecting him to take me up on it. A few days later, my girlfriend comes home with a tupperware bin full of parts! He had tried doing their reverb and tubescreamer/boost. Both pcb's were completely shot with missing pads. Since the reverb pcb couldn't be salvaged (except for the brick), I decided to pif the world and build him a new one from scratch. I went with the rub a dub (because hell yea!). This is the result.

ggarms

cooder

Looking great and what a nice thing to do for a nice guy who will love this! Cool as  8)
BigNoise Amplification

diablochris6

Nice and clean inside! I love the graphic.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

selfdestroyer

The art work reminds me of 3 2 1 Contact on PBS when I was kid. Looks great.

Cody

Leevibe

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 15, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

Cody

Haha. I remember that show! Now I have the song ringing in my head.

Nice build! Glad you were able to save the brick.

Hogharry

Very nice indeed! I think I should try a weekend build sometime.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

ggarms

Thanks guys. Too much feels.

Stomptown

Looks great Greg! I'm sure your friend will be stoked!

knauerj

Love the graphics! I am a sucker for anything space-themed.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 15, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

Cody

Hell yeah!  The Bloodhound Gang.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

ggarms

Quote from: knauerj on December 16, 2014, 04:46:35 AM
Love the graphics! I am a sucker for anything space-themed.
I think 90% of my builds are space themed. I have an almost unlimited supply of old physics, astronomy, and science related books, manuals, magazines from my friend who worked in a used books store. When they closed, I got to go through the place and have my pick.