News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hoof/Pharaoh hybrid? Anyone tried one?

Started by thesameage, December 15, 2014, 11:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Subject says it all. Has anyone tried to build a Hoof type muff with the warmth and bigness of the Pharaoh?

selfdestroyer

You may want to buy an extra mudbunny and socket the whole thing to play with. I did and it was very informative.

Cody

thesameage

selfdestroyer

Quote from: thesameage on December 15, 2014, 12:45:13 PM
That's not a bad idea!

What did you learn?

Just that it was interesting what values change the char's of the sound. If you look at Juansolo's BMP excel doc you can see what values varies between variants.

http://stompage.juansolo.co.uk/muffbuild.html

Just pop in values and have fun. I used a ditto with a loop playing and swapped out parts.

Cody

TGP39

That is awesome Cody.  Inspired me to do the same.
A shout out to Juansolo also for sharing his brilliance.
Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

thesameage

Cody, you're totally right, of course!

With kids, etc. I don't have time to do all of the testing that I'd like, but I'm going to socket some targeted areas and take it from there. Since posting on your blog, I did find JuanSolo's lists and have been totally overwhelmed by them. I've printed them out and been trying to figure out exactly what I want. Of course, that's all pie in the sky. I'll have to see how it all works out in real life, though!

Ideally, I'd love to have a base Pharoh type muff that I could "switch" to Tall Font Russian/Hoof territory. Not sure how many switches that would take and if that would really work very well or be worth it, but that's my idea right now that I'm starting with. I'll have to do some more research and will hopefully find some time to build it before the holidays.