News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

10 years!

Started by madbean, December 15, 2014, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Congrats! Don't know if this is what you expected 10 years ago, but I would be proud of my achievements & contributions to the DIY world if I were you.

10 more years Brian, that's all I ask for :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Scruffie

Inspired me to have a look when I started on all this, I think I started a bit before joining freestompboxes so about 6 years, damn! Wonder where i'll be when I reach the big 10.

I still remember looking up to you back in the ol' FSB days when I was still a teenager :)
Works at Lectric-FX

micromegas

Quote from: Scruffie on December 16, 2014, 12:49:05 AM
I still remember looking up to you back in the ol' FSB days when I was still a teenager :)

Yep, there's a post about Barber's Smallfry I have to ask some questions to Brian about... :)

By the way, when you said teenager something like this came to mind(I know this one is Scruffy, not Scruffie, but I always imagine you like him  ;D):

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on December 15, 2014, 08:54:35 PM
Damn, you got me beat be a couple years.  ;D

Yeah, but you more than make up a couple of years in quality. But, you KNOW that!

peterc

Congrats and well done for inspiring one of the nicest places to go in the Net. Its one of my startup pages.....

Peter
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

juansolo

Impressive, most impressive  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

m-Kresol

wow. if I have just a fraction of your knowledge about electronics in 9 years, I deserve my title as electron doctor :)
To another 10 years! Cheers
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Luke51411

Quote from: m-Kresol on December 16, 2014, 02:40:53 AM
wow. if I have just a fraction of your knowledge about electronics in 9 years, I deserve my title as electron doctor :)
To another 10 years! Cheers
Seconded.
Epic Anniversary! It's been such an inspiration being on this forum between seeing all the people that have turned a hobby into a business, the creativity in circuit design, and all the excellent builds posted here. Thanks for fostering such a great community.

gtr2

Thank you Brian...for creating a community....

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on December 16, 2014, 01:22:31 AM

Yeah, but you more than make up a couple of years in quality. But, you KNOW that!

Well, you both have me beat by many many years.  Hehe.  I just hit three years.  It's been a ton of fun and Madbean and BYOC are the two main reasons why I had so much fun and kept at it.

Congrats, Brian.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

tcpoint

jkokura

Yeah, me Also. I think I started in like 2007 or 8.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Urs

Congratulations.

My Wish for the future. No Releasedates, because they never vote.

Urs

Scruffie

Quote from: micromegas on December 16, 2014, 01:17:42 AM
Quote from: Scruffie on December 16, 2014, 12:49:05 AM

Yep, there's a post about Barber's Smallfry I have to ask some questions to Brian about... :)

By the way, when you said teenager something like this came to mind(I know this one is Scruffy, not Scruffie, but I always imagine you like him  ;D):

Haha, yes that's been picked up on before, never crossed my mind when I picked the name but it's nice when things work out.

If you lose the hat, moustache, baldness & gut it's pretty much me! :P Always wear my Brian T-Shirt on a Thursday.
Works at Lectric-FX

Hogharry

The boy done good! (Living this close to London can be bad for your grammar). 10 years well spent. 8)
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...