News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cornish Buffer

Started by stevie1556, December 07, 2014, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbergersworth

Here is a Cornish buffer build I did on vero with a switch. I used a toggle since it sits under pedalboard and the switch body is much smaller than a stomp switch. The encloser is 2" x 4" x 1".
Great buffer.
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

chuckbuick

Nice one,  Steve.  Doesn't get much more compact than that.

stevie1556

Wgc - moonlighting on some projects sound interesting, hoping for some cool build reports!

Sirbergersworth - that's really neat wiring for vero! Do you find you use the switch much?

Chuckbuick - agreed. Although I've been looking at other small enclosures for a 1 knob fuzz or boost. Just to see if it can be done :)

sirbergersworth

Quote from: stevie1556 on December 11, 2014, 05:43:58 AM
Sirbergersworth - that's really neat wiring for vero! Do you find you use the switch much?

Thanks for the complement. wiring is only neat because there is no pot. lol
I used it quite often at first to see where I wanted it in my chain. Now, not so much. It is nice to be able to hear your rig buffered vs non buffered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

stevie1556

Quote from: sirbergersworth on December 11, 2014, 06:07:00 PM
Thanks for the complement. wiring is only neat because there is no pot. lol
I used it quite often at first to see where I wanted it in my chain. Now, not so much. It is nice to be able to hear your rig buffered vs non buffered.

I'm going to get some 1590A boxes next week and try one out with a foot switch I think.

I've been doing some working out, and you can definitely get a 9mm pot in there, but possibly 2 on the same edge. I think you can just about squeeze 4 in there, so I'm going to try 2 boosters, a fuzz, and anything else I can find that's small enough! Lol