News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Counterfeit LM308 and h1f11?

Started by playpunk, December 17, 2014, 05:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

Hey - has anybody had problems with counterfeit IC's? Specifically the lm308 and h1f11?

I have just enough lm308's for my planned projects, but I wanted to check to see if the ebay lots of either of these are OK.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

GermanCdn

The 308s and H1F11 I've ordered off ebay have worked fine in my Multiplexes, Rats, and Expandoras.  That being said, I ordered all of them a couple of years back, and as supplies dry up, more fakes have a tendency of showing up, so no guarantee there.  Pretty sure I bought them off of POLIDA, which for run of the mill stuff is usually good, but if you run into problems, you'll be SOL with their customer service (or lack thereof).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

playpunk

Sweet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

mremic01

I've had some LM308s that look legit and some that look fake. Not only did both sound the same, they also sounded the same as the OP07. But the LM308s didn't work without a compensation cap, while the OP07s did, so I'm pretty sure that if they were fake, they weren't relabeled OP07s.