News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Excel Calculator

Started by madbean, December 18, 2014, 06:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Here is a handy little Excel spreadsheet I use all the time. Here's what it does:
Calculates the end result of two resistors in parallel.
Calculates the corner frequency of a single pole HP/LP filter.

It's easy to use!

sonarchotic

Thanks for the spreadsheet! I'm about to start a 'Software for Techs' class that I believe is mostly based in Excel. I'll try and add anything I come across that could be useful for audio.

Leevibe

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this.

davent

Not sure this is the right place for this or is there a calculator thread, anyways... reverse parallel resistor calculator, you enter you target value and acceptable tolerance % and it spits out all the pairs that satisfy your criteria. I've used this one a lot over the years.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-parallel.htm
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jalmonsalmon

Thanks for this sheet...
oh btw... if you want to get rid of those #DIV/0!  (divided by 0 ) errors  toss this formula in there
=IF(ISERROR(1/((1/A3)+(1/B3))),"",1/((1/A3)+(1/B3)))   and drag it down for the resistors and this
=IF(ISERROR(1/(6.28*E3*F3)),"",(1/(6.28*E3*F3))) for the caps  :-)

Divie errors bug me  LOL

thanks again!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

madbean

Here's an updated version of the Formulas Excel sheet. I've added the following:

LC Filter (inductor/cap filter)
Resistor Drop (for finding the correct resistor value and wattage it requires for a specific voltage drop)
LM317 (for outputting specific voltages based on two resistors with the LM317)

Examples for each in the first row.

Lubdar

Thanks!!! This is really helpful :)
(--c^.^)--c

sjaustin

I made a Google Sheets version of this, available without Excel software. Hope it's useful. You can find it here.