Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2015 - Put in your requests

Started by madbean, December 18, 2014, 07:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Quote from: flanagan0718 on December 18, 2014, 09:02:05 AM
Quote from: Jopn on December 18, 2014, 08:43:18 AM
Preorders to help move out of stock items back into stock without tying up so much of Brian's capital.

This is a great idea!
I'll post what i said in the other thread too: A quarterly project or two would be cool. Limited run for 3 months then done. Kind of like what you are doing with the Laser Wolf and Dirt Baby.
-Maybe offer a group buy for the new projects. Group buys seem to be very popular now a days.

I like the group buy option for some projects

GermanCdn

Quote from: midwayfair on December 18, 2014, 09:31:46 AM
Quote from: juansolo on December 18, 2014, 09:07:17 AM
Let's face it, they're the two most looked at things on the internet yet no one has combined the two...

Oh, puh-lease. Rule 34 guarantees you are wrong.

I actually had to look up Rule 34.  Apparently Kittens and Cougars already exists....

Back to the topic on hand, in order of importance to what you've listed as goals

1) New product release - just cause, you know, I need a fix. 
2) Update the website - get that monkey off your back
3) DIY projects - this will no doubt be crazy
4) Updates to existing projects - do you really need to tweak the last 0.05% out of an already great project?  Probably not.  And you're going to move a bunch more new product to everyone as opposed to revamped older product.  Unless, of course, they involve sharks with laserbeams.  In which case this becomes #1.  I'm assuming the Lasershark is the followup to the Laserwolf, and that by 2016 everyone's boards will be covered with fricking laser beams. :P
5) Contests - just cause I don't invest in graphics beyond a paint pen.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Quote from: midwayfair on December 18, 2014, 09:31:46 AM
Let's face it, they're the two most looked at things on the internet yet no one has combined the two...

Oh, puh-lease. Rule 34 guarantees you are wrong.

I demand proof!

Though my odds are poor given I was convinced I was onto a winner with the custard vest only to find out I was beaten to it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/7882505/Armour-made-from-bullet-proof-custard.html
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

icecycle66

I agree with the preorders; it should be a thing.

-----

The "Mods Section" is a nice idea too. Confirmed mods can be in one section to make mod searching easier.  Or, since you are doing a site redesing there could be a tag search function.  Tags might get abused, but as the forum grows it could make searching easier.

-----

I would really like to see an OSHpark share section, where people can post their shared projects and provide BOMs or other support for the project that isn't so easy to do in OSH alone.

-----

A live webcam at your development desk.

-----

Last runs. You did something like this earlier in the year with the Pepper Spray and a few other circuits.  Well publicized last runs of circuits.  Get a feel for how many people want it.  Make a large purchase.  Sell them out. Don't restock. Of course you wouldn't do this with your best sellers, but it could free up both PCB managment effort and wallet space newer/better things.

-----

More swag. The only way I'll ever be able to get that Madbean toan is if I'm soldering with Madbean brand Solder, and Madbean iron tip, while wearing nothing but my Madbean tighty whities, and drinking Madbean cola from my Madbean 64ounce mug.

-----

A damn donate button. Sometimes I don't want to buy anything but I want to just give you money.

Scruffie

Quote from: icecycle66 on December 18, 2014, 09:59:51 AM

You're thinking too small! A live webcam with access to a remote shock collar ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

Droogie

Naked chicks and kittens together.

My idea is flawless!

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

juansolo

Quote from: Scruffie on December 18, 2014, 10:05:29 AM

You're thinking too small! A live webcam with access to a remote shock collar ;)

I'm fairly sure there are speciality channels for that sort of thing ;)

Quote from: Droogie on December 18, 2014, 10:08:13 AM

My idea is flawless!

AWESOME!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Scruffie

Quote from: juansolo on December 18, 2014, 10:09:16 AM
Quote from: Scruffie on December 18, 2014, 10:05:29 AM

I'm fairly sure there are speciality channels for that sort of thing ;)

Oh no... when it comes to that i'm in to something much... darker :P
Works at Lectric-FX

dont-tase-me-bro

The old EHX stuff

**Stuff that works with control voltage**
I thought this would save me money.

chuckbuick

My idea is flawless!
Dude, if you were in the US I would vote for you for President.  But since you're not I may have to move to the UK so I can vote for you for King.

A damn donate button. Sometimes I don't want to buy anything but I want to just give you money.
This.  I take more out of this forum than I put in.  I wouldn't mind having another way to contribute a bit to keep the lights on.

dont-tase-me-bro

something that will put a dent in my pile of germanium transistors
I thought this would save me money.

selfdestroyer

Things I have really enjoyed on your new build docs are the voltages. As someone that is learning with every build, I sometime rely on them to make sure what I made is working properly. I love the idea of a donate button since I have been in that situation also where I really don't need any PCBs but would love to kick a few bucks to you.

(I am terrible at this next one)
I was also thinking of some incentive to get people to do more video/audio demos of working builds. I, as a builder, use them to see if my build sound much different from that of another. It also helps when deciding what to build next.

Another idea I was thinking of was a "most proud of of the month". Like a forum with sub-forums of every month and we post our favorite build of the month. Doesn't have to be a contest but more of a "I am most proud of this build" kind of thing. I know we have a thread of pedal photos and maybe that would be better to utilize.. just thoughts.

What about a "work bench" forum for talk on tools & everything related?

/random_thoughts

Cody

aballen

I would love a good synth pedal, or how about a sitar pedal?

Your survey idea is great.  You know everyone wants the DBD3, but does everyone want the Dig-Dug2?  I do, but survey monkey would definitely tell you what to prioritize.

On the subject of survey, how about pedal names?  Yours are brilliant.  I especially love the Upper Decker, but where is the Abe Lincoln or the Dirty Sanchez?

Where is the Madbean Manifesto?  (much better title then Mien Bean, btw)... where else will we learn if the almighty Beans plan for world domination?  I for one don't want to simply watch as it unfolds, I want to to prepare... no partake.  Will there be cake?

junkemail86

Quote from: thesameage on December 18, 2014, 09:09:45 AM
I would think that if you don't want to put the components together yourself--understandable--then make sure that you have a BOM set up for each project at Mouser and/or complete links to components at Smallbear (which you are usually pretty good with). As a relative novice, navigating those sites to pick the right type of resistor is maddening and can be a real holdup.

I'm not sure if this is just what he is already describing, or if it is even possible.  But, is it possible to set-up a one-click to add all components for a project to cart kinda thing at any store?  Probably my least favorite part of this hobby is adding components to cart.

peAk

I think Brian mentioned in his OP that he was looking at ideas OTHER THAN design ideas cause he already had that covered.

....but since many posters replied with design ideas  ::) :-[, I will too.....

Stereo in/stereo out pedals!