News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EA tremolo help?

Started by aran.e666, December 18, 2014, 03:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

1. As previously mentioned, please follow the rules for getting tech help.

2. For any tagboardeffects layout, always check the actual transistor oriention as indicated by the letters (i.e. CBE) and not the pictorial layout in the picture.  Mark has a tendency to use one orientation for the picture of the transistor in all of his layouts, regardless of the pinouts, so on a good number of his builds, the picture of the transistor and the actual layout are 180 degrees off.  Hopefully you used sockets for your transistors.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aran.e666

Thanks! Also for the pedal, when I touch the outputs exposed pin, the but goes quiet then when I touch a string it makes a really loud buzz.

Aran
Guitar is love, guitar is life.

aran.e666

Voltages:
Q1: d 6.17v g1.4v s0.64v
Q2: d-v g(pulsing)0.7-0v s-v
Q3: c (pulsing)4-1v b0.5v e-v
Guitar is love, guitar is life.

midwayfair

Quote from: aran.e666 on December 19, 2014, 11:32:26 AM
Q1: d 6.17v g1.4v s0.64v

At the very least it looks like you didn't follow the instructions on the layout and the schematic about setting the drain voltage, because it's wrong. (Or if you tried and had trouble, you haven't mentioned it in this thread.)

This is the schematic if you weren't aware, it has the same instruction that's on the layout you posted:
http://www.home-wrecker.com/eatremolo.html