News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorditas

The Sea Pig and power supply gave me a good laugh. I like a little humor in my pedals too.

matmosphere

Quote from: Willybomb on January 28, 2016, 07:08:06 AM
So, it turns out I can fit more on my pedalboard.  Sorry about the crappy phone photo.  I'll clean up the routing later.

How do you like the Tri-verb? It's so cheap, I've thought about picking one up because it would cost less than actually building a reverb or fixing the one on my amp.

Willybomb

I'm going to say the triverb is ok.  But I think I prefer to use the sea urchin with short delay, low mix, and a fairly long feedback for that sort of sound. The triverb is a touch dirty on some settings.. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't use it *that* much, just for epic solos, lol. It's cheap enough, give it a go.

Jabulani Jonny

Apparently my post got lost from the crash today so I'll repost.

Here's my board after finishing up the Harbinger One.  I'm pretty much done with my board at this point.  I may swap out a drive here and there for interim periods, say a Rat for the Klone, maybe a Timmy for the Morning Glory.  Will probably try a different fuzz here and there, but overall I love the pedal line up I have and what I can get from them. 

The only commercial pedal, other than the VP Jr and the tuner is the TC Electronics Nova Delay.  This is such an underrated delay pedal IMHO.  It has tap tempo, 9 presets, several delay types and subdivisions, 3 different modulations, analog "color" and on and on.  Fantastic unit.  I picked it up mint for $120 on ebay.  You can't beat that with a stick. 

The Multiplex Jr is always on, set as more of a doubling effect and the Nova handles anything beyond that.  I run into tuner, then left to right along the bottom to VP Jr.  Then jumps over to Harbinger One and out through Nova. 

Jonathan

gorditas

Nice board. We share some builds.

Timko

I finally uploaded my pedal board!

Top Row (L/R): Forever Royal Harmonic Tremolo (Cardinal Tremolo), Rub a Dub Deluxe Reverb, Muliplex Tape Echo Machine, Solaris Fuzz Face, Bear Hug Compressor, Sonic Research Tuner.
Bottom Row (L/R): Bloodstone Phaser (Bastone), Moog Minifooger Delay, Andromeda Overdrive (Novels OD), Myths & Legends Overdrive (Klon/Maxon OD), Dual Voice Filter.

gorditas

matmosphere

Quote from: Timko on February 04, 2016, 11:26:05 AM

Top Row (L/R): Forever Royal Harmonic Tremolo (Cardinal Tremolo), Rub a Dub Deluxe Reverb, Muliplex Tape Echo Machine, Solaris Fuzz Face, Bear Hug Compressor, Sonic Research Tuner.
Bottom Row (L/R): Bloodstone Phaser (Bastone), Moog Minifooger Delay, Andromeda Overdrive (Novels OD), Myths & Legends Overdrive (Klon/Maxon OD), Dual Voice Filter.

Looks great. What do you think of the moog delay?

Timko

Quote from: Matmosphere on February 04, 2016, 12:54:13 PM

Looks great. What do you think of the moog delay?

I use it for Slapback at the moment, but it sounds great for longer oscellating delays as well.  I haven't taken the (financial) plunge into dyi analog delays yet, so this is staying on the board until something that can replace it surfaces.  But I really like it, and paid $120 for it.  The drive functionality is really cool if I'm using a really simple pedal board, and the totally wet to totally dry control really makes it versitile.  I also have an expression pedal for it to control the delay time, so I can quickly switch the pedal without screwing up my settings.

matmosphere

I've got the moog Ring Modulator, which I think has a similar drive setting, I agree that it's a pretty cool feature. I've been thinking about one of those or a Memory Boy/Toy. I haven't wanted to drive into the analog diy delays yet either. $120 is a good deal for that thing.

Willybomb

Going back to the small board.

Dminner

Is this like a DBA kill kill filter?

Timko

Quote from: Dminner on March 07, 2016, 09:14:54 AM

Is this like a DBA kill kill filter?

The board is from GuitarPCB, and is based of a dual filter from Craig Anderton's book.  It's got a filter for high and low signal as well as controls for how much effect to bring into the final mix.  Couple that with an overdrive (that's sort of meh) and clipping loads of clipping options and you can get a really cool cocked wah sound that sounds nothing like a cocked wah :).

Here's the pcb that's in it:
http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3961608

And here's a ton more about the circuit in general on GGG:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/effects-projects/filters-envelope/anderton-bi-filter/

bluescage

Ok, so now you know I am a person and not a bot  ;)
Here is my contribution to the pedalboard pics megathread.
I built the pedalboard from leftover pieces of plywood. All FX boxes receive 9 volt daisy chained from a 1Spot 9V Power supply.
On the panel board top row from left to right:
(Spare buffer) , Ghost Echo, Echo Base, Little Angel Chorus, Korg Tuner, Buffer
Bottom row left to right:
Modified EA Tremolo, Big Muff Pi Russian Civil War, Triple Wreck, Zen Drive, Engineer's Thumb and a Dimavery volume pedal.
Regards
Ad

Cortexturizer

with the addition of ct5 I got this one completed. this is my board that I use when playing alone. I am not using the freeze as much as I used to so that will probably go, as well as the boss volume. I will probably add a high sustaining fuzz that would be good for slide guitar, any recommendations?

EDIT:

Here's an excerpt from today's looping session

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams