Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Very nice, but someone stole your wah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on December 06, 2016, 04:36:35 PM

Yeah I regret that there is not enough room for a wah or expression pedal on there. At least with the Mobius I can get some wah type sounds. Was thinking of getting one of the real tiny expression pedals like the AMT. I also kinda gave up on building a looper since I am going for a stereo setup now.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on December 06, 2016, 04:39:44 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 06, 2016, 04:36:35 PM

Yeah I regret that there is not enough room for a wah or expression pedal on there. At least with the Mobius I can get some wah type sounds. Was thinking of getting one of the real tiny expression pedals like the AMT. I also kinda gave up on building a looper since I am going for a stereo setup now.
Very cool, did you build the board itself?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on December 06, 2016, 04:42:06 PM

Very cool, did you build the board itself?

No, it's a Pedaltrain. I really wanted to build my own but I kept putting it off for so long I just said 'screw it'.

Jabulani Jonny

You guys with all these looping set ups...I'd like to see some video of how you use it.  Is it in a band setting?  I pretty much only play in a band setting and I feel like I'm missing out, but I struggle to see how I could fit it in. 
Jonathan

sturgeo

Quote from: madbean on December 06, 2016, 04:39:44 PM
I also kinda gave up on building a looper since I am going for a stereo setup now.

Are the stereo pedals you use MIDI compatible? I know the Mobius is but I'm not familiar with the other large format pedal on your board.

My plan is to have mono pedals in the looper and stereo pedals after. Use the program change commands on each looper preset to switch presets on the Mobius for example, some presets being bypassed.

icecycle66

Quote from: mmlee on March 14, 2015, 05:34:53 AM
Nowhere near as fancy as any of your pedalboards but here is my humble little board I just threw together in just under an hour out of an old plank of wood I found in the basement.

It goes from right to left:
Tuner, demo tape fuzz, GCFX Catch 22, Stomptown Pennyroyal Chorus, Line 6 Echo Park

The demo tape fuzz is my own layout with optical bypass on the PCB, I'll do a build a report at some point.

The board is for a gig tonight, I've been engineering for my friends band and he needs a guitarist for tonight.  Its going to be my first gig in a year, I best get learning the songs. Wish me luck!

Cheers,
Marcus

Isn't the Echo Park, and all the Tone Core stuff, great?

Willybomb

Trying to work out what's going to go on what board...

Willybomb

verr76

This is my current setup ... Took some time but got it just how I wanted... When I started building my own pedals I used single effects. As you can see I still use a couple of those .. But then I went for a sort of downsize.. My main two "pedals" are the bigger ones at the center: FDS1 and FDS2 ("F'ing Down Size" if your wondering). The signal goes as follows:
1-Red Eye: Acapulgo Gold with added gain and tone controls
2-FDS1:  Prince of tone - Rat2 - Thunderpuss boost - ROG Tonemender - Send/Return Effects loop - Buffer/2 Way splitter - From here there's one direct output and the other signal goes to a ROG Condor Cab sim with it's own output.
In the effects loop:
3- Phase45 clone . One of my first builds
4-FDS2: Boss CE2 clone - EA tremolo - PT2399 based delay
After the main output of the FDS1 (no cab sim):
5-Another Tonemender.. I just love that thing
6-EHX 44 Magnum power amp

Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

DPTX

Here's my current setup:

All noncommercial pedals made by me.  The effect order is

Polytune Mini --> MXR Phase 90 Script Build --> EQD Talons Build --> EHX Big Muff Build --> MXR Carbon Copy --> TC Flashback Mini --> TC Corona Chorus --> 4ms Tremulus Lune Build --> Moodring Build.

I use the talons clone for most of my OD.  My amp (also built by me) is fairly clean.  I don't need two delays but I set the carbon copy at a sweet spot and adjust the flashback as needed.  Bought the corona on a lark, hardly use it.  It's mostly the talons, phaser, flashback, and now reverb (just built it).

JackSkellington

I just finished my DIY pedalboard, but before to post it here I would like to get some help, please.
The pedalboard size is like a laptop, I cover it completely with velcro. But now I have a problem with some pedals. With these pedals I used some rubber feet with a height of 3,5 or 4 mm and the two layers of velcro, the one under the pedal and the surface of the pedalboard, don't touch each other.
I would avoid to change the rubber feet of 15 pedals.
Suggestion need, please. :D

Thanks.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

drolo

JackSkellington

It will work with my Boss MT-2 (modded).
But I have just homemade pedals in 1590B, 125B and 1590BB enclusure. ::)
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

drolo

Quote from: JackSkellington on March 21, 2017, 04:48:30 AM
It will work with my Boss MT-2 (modded).
But I have just homemade pedals in 1590B, 125B and 1590BB enclusure. ::)
Oh I see
you could use some rectangular piece of wood 3,5 or 4 mm thick and stick the velcro to that.
Up to you to evaluate whether it's more efficient than simply removing the rubber feet ;-)