News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Marshall Arts on May 12, 2019, 09:44:19 AM

Update: With the release of the HX Stomp firmware version 2.8 earlier this year, Line 6 added the Zendrive (Dhyana Drive), the Prince of Tone (Heir Apparent) and the King of Tone (Tone Sovereign). I was able to compare my "Queen of Bone" with the Tone Sovereign, and while it is different, it's hard to tell which one is better. Hard stuff for an analog believer like me ;-)

Ultimately, I removed the Queen of Bone and replaced it in my patches with its digital brother. The HX is controlled with my Eoo3 Midi controller, that also switches my amp's channels. I also created some really convincing new patches that use the zendrive into the litigator (Dumble Clone) and go straight to the Engl Ironball's return jack.

With the space no longer needed, I could move the vocal processor to the top deck.

Willybomb

Current board.  Chain is - tuner, Naughtyfish, wah, Lightspeed, Magnum opus, HT-dual, Stealth, Endgame.  Powered by a CIOKS AC10.

Looking to replace the Endgame/Stealth combo with a Zoom G3x, possibly.  Not sure which of the HT or Magnum will stay on the board.  The Magnum Opus can get HT drive levels, and cop the sound too.

dawson

Quote from: Willybomb on February 05, 2020, 02:14:17 AM
Current board.  Chain is - tuner, Naughtyfish, wah, Lightspeed, Magnum opus, HT-dual, Stealth, Endgame.  Powered by a CIOKS AC10.

Looking to replace the Endgame/Stealth combo with a Zoom G3x, possibly.  Not sure which of the HT or Magnum will stay on the board.  The Magnum Opus can get HT drive levels, and cop the sound too.

^Hey Willy- cool 'Board!  Is that a tap-tempo delay that's part of your "Stealth" effect?  I don't use my massive DL-4 enough to justify bringing it with me on my pedalboard everywhere, but I really miss the tap-tempo function, so I'm looking for a smaller project I can build- any help would be..quite helpful!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Willybomb

QuoteIs that a tap-tempo delay that's part of your "Stealth" effect?

Yep.  It's a Mimik, iirc, might be a DBD, using this tap pcb:
https://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1797

I've also used it in my Space Station multi.

dawson

Quote from: Willybomb on February 06, 2020, 04:05:24 PM
Yep.  It's a Mimik, iirc, might be a DBD, using this tap pcb:
https://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1797

I've also used it in my Space Station multi.

^Thank you!

pgodfrin

I'm a sax player. The Voco Loco takes the mic signal and converts it to low-z 1/4 in. Oh yeah, I made the pedal board out of aluminum stock.

Willybomb

Well.... that didn't last long.  Decided the HT-dual was possibly flaking again, realised I never used phaser, and the Rubadub reverb doesn't play great with the tap tempo (it's not connected, but the reverb seems to take some clocking from it) and I never used the delay either, so that's set for a reverb type thing for solos....

dawson

"Smorgasbord" setup- I can thank "The Dude" for the name:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=30604.0
^I really hope I haven't burgled any intellectual property here- I figured it's a good enough idea for the both of us!

Signal is split by a buffer with one output dead-ending into my Boss TU-2 tuner, and the other output goes:
1. Parasit Studio 0415, Guitar Synthesizer
2. MadBean Flunkee, FX-25 clone
3. PPCB Sea Horse, Sea Machine clone
4. PPCB Kliche Mini, Centaur clone
5. MadBean Green Bean, Tube Screamer clone
6. MadBean Fritter, Hot Cake clone
7. Ernie Ball VP. JR, volume pedal
8. MadBean Wavelord, tremolo
9. BYOC Li'l Reverb, FV-1 reverb (My first build ever)
10. MadBean Head Trip, FV-1 multi-effect

All powered by a Donner DP-1
Carbon-fiber-infused PLA 3d-printed brackets
Volume pedal is on a slight slope, which allows cables to pass underneath, plus it feels great
Pine plywood was rubbed with diluted black India ink, then boiled linseed oil
Pine 1x3" just rubbed with boiled linseed oil

Thanks for looking- and TheDude, if you see this, thanks for the great idea- I owe you one!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

@dawson that is incredible work! Beyond impressed with the board, the pedals...everything! Can't wait to see what's next.

TheDude

Quote from: dawson on February 28, 2020, 09:58:10 AM
"Smorgasbord" setup- I can thank "The Dude" for the name:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=30604.0
^I really hope I haven't burgled any intellectual property here- I figured it's a good enough idea for the both of us!

Signal is split by a buffer with one output dead-ending into my Boss TU-2 tuner, and the other output goes:
1. Parasit Studio 0415, Guitar Synthesizer
2. MadBean Flunkee, FX-25 clone
3. PPCB Sea Horse, Sea Machine clone
4. PPCB Kliche Mini, Centaur clone
5. MadBean Green Bean, Tube Screamer clone
6. MadBean Fritter, Hot Cake clone
7. Ernie Ball VP. JR, volume pedal
8. MadBean Wavelord, tremolo
9. BYOC Li'l Reverb, FV-1 reverb (My first build ever)
10. MadBean Head Trip, FV-1 multi-effect

All powered by a Donner DP-1
Carbon-fiber-infused PLA 3d-printed brackets
Volume pedal is on a slight slope, which allows cables to pass underneath, plus it feels great
Pine plywood was rubbed with diluted black India ink, then boiled linseed oil
Pine 1x3" just rubbed with boiled linseed oil

Thanks for looking- and TheDude, if you see this, thanks for the great idea- I owe you one!
That's awesome man! Love seeing the woodwork as well, big woodworking guy myself, and having the name routed out on top is icing on the cake. The name is all yours, my dude!

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

pgodfrin

NIce wrk man! And a sneaky little original Tube Screamer in the background!

dawson

^^Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I'm really enjoying this pedalboard so far- it's the most light-weight and has the smallest footprint of any of the 8-10 'boards I've built in my years, all thanks to extensive planning, uniform-shaped enclosures, and top-mounted jacks..I'm slowly learning to live without my DL-4 and MoogerFooger ring modulator, but a worthy sacrifice for the size/weight difference.

Quote from: TheDude on February 29, 2020, 09:57:38 AM
That's awesome man! Love seeing the woodwork as well, big woodworking guy myself, and having the name routed out on top is icing on the cake. The name is all yours, my dude!

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

^Thanks Dude!  I hope to see some of your woodwork one day!

Quote from: pgodfrin on March 08, 2020, 05:31:43 PM
NIce wrk man! And a sneaky little original Tube Screamer in the background!
^Thanks pgodfrin!  That Tube Screamer back there is the whole reason I got started assembling effects..by being broken and needing repair!

Max

Here's the pedal board I made some time ago (things that happen when I'm home alone). I used some alluminium profiles and some scrap wood I had at home. The wood has been appropriately beaten up and stained to give it this old barn look, while the screws have been polished to a mirror finish. I like this contrast 8) 8)
The effects are all by me except the EQ and the looper. The power supply is a Harley Benton Powerplant Junior.
The input on the side is stereo and is split in two channels in the board, all because one of my guitars has a stereo output (E pick ups + Piezo).
The piezo channel goes to the EQ while the electric channel goes through the rest of the effects. The little box in the lower left close to the looper (the Switch) is used to switch the output between the two channels and goes directly to the looper.
I'll open a thread with some build reports of the effects in the pictures for the more curious of you  ;), but there's a Skreddy Lunar Module, an MXR Distortion+ slightly modded, a ROG tri-vibe, a 3Verb from Musikding with an added tone control, and the 1590DD in the middle is a ROG Ginger with a modded Condor cab sim, basically an Ampeg Portaflex + cabinet in a box. I use it with a bass, but it sounds good with guitars as well.

playpunk

Big mostly DIY board. Bear hug, some other drives, etc.
"my legend grows" - playpunk