News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawson

@Max, super cool build!  The aluminum looks awesome, and I can tell it's quite versatile and lightweight (until it's loaded with effects..)
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Max

Thanks, yes, indeed it is quite light, but it's very solid, you can step on it. Well, at least I can, but I'm not exactly what you would call a big guy  ;D And with the velcro I can move it around without worrying about stuff flying off the board.

@Playpunk: your link is broken!

Aleph Null

This is the first change to my main board in a while. I've crammed as much as I possibly can on a Pedaltrain Jr. Everything is powered by a One Spot CS7. The volume pedal is actually connected to a TRS jack send/return that's mounted through the frame of the board. This allows me to keep the pedal flat on the floor where it's easier to operate, but still have it sit after drives and before modulation and delay in the signal chain.

SirEgno

This is my last version.

the first is an empty box to power my bass guitar, so I don't need battery.
tuner into zvex machine clone, into ditto (I use it to test my effect), into an fet overdrive, into a mountainking megalith, into a bigmuff, into a CE-2, into an electric mistress, into a delay.
A lot of effect are missing, but at this moment I use only these.
It started in 2008 and changed about once a month.
Now I'm planning a modular cornish style pedalboard with programmable looper.
so I won't need enclosure, jacks and footswitches.

Marshall Arts

Setting up a traditional blues / jazz board for a telecaster / matchless Spitfire Combination, that does not need a lot... Zendrive, King of Tone, Aion L5 (Clean Channel), Tap Tempo Tremolo, Alter Ego delay, Hall of Fame Reverb

Willybomb

This is where things stand at the moment.  Nothing in the loops, just using the drives in the MS-3 currently.  The only DIY pedals are Endgame, and the switcher on the bottom row... Still powered by a CIOKS AC10 mounted under the board.

gordo

Gotta admit, simple and clean.  I suspect the MS-3 has a tuner but once you go Polytune it's hard to use anything else.  I play a couple of different church campus' (well, at least back in the day when there were churches) and as much as I like my homemade stuff it's nice having a grab and go rig.  I use a Line6 M13 from time to time and although the distortions blow they're serviceable enough (and my amp sounds really good) that I could use it as a full time rig.  And that's super old school compared to the MS-3.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Willybomb

The MS-3's tuner is pretty good, but I like the single strum "lets have a look" of the polytune.  The tech in the MS-3 is astounding compared to my old multis of the past (Korg A5, Vox Tonelab LE).

cooder

Christmas photo of the family.... Lol... not quite.
What my main gigging board looks like at present. All DIY except TC tuner.

and underside of construction

BigNoise Amplification

dan.schumaker

Looks sweet!  I like the hidden reverb at the back.  What is in your preamp on the top?  It looks like a SDD-3000 and a Sonic Maximizer maybe?

alanp

Brian, you need to develop a tuner pedal! Poor Stephen has to settle for a non-DIY pedal on his board! :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

dawson

Quote from: alanp on December 22, 2020, 06:07:54 AM
Brian, you need to develop a tuner pedal! Poor Stephen has to settle for a non-DIY pedal on his board! :)

I've been quietly wishing the same thing for a long time!

Very impressive 'board, Cooder- the metal-work is great and I just noticed your LED's mounted on the bottom like one of those souped-up peacock drag racers- so cool!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

cooder

Cheers guys, it's a happy family even though I change it around at times too...
Quote from: dan.schumaker on December 22, 2020, 05:07:40 AM
Looks sweet!  I like the hidden reverb at the back.  What is in your preamp on the top?  It looks like a SDD-3000 and a Sonic Maximizer maybe?
Bingo on all counts, yes and all those are always on, reverb is off when I use amp with reverb.

Ha! There's a challenge.
I do have to say that the TC tuner is a very practical tiny piece of perfection though.

Quote from: dawson on December 22, 2020, 10:44:53 AM

I've been quietly wishing the same thing for a long time!

Very impressive 'board, Cooder- the metal-work is great and I just noticed your LED's mounted on the bottom like one of those souped-up peacock drag racers- so cool!
Yes a bit of goofy fun... this time of year you get away with it by calling them Xmas decoration... ;)
Beam me up Scotty...
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Wow that looks awesome!  I do like the position of the tuner...."you stand over here and don't talk to anyone" ;D

pickdropper

I haven't really posted build reports in a while because it's mostly the same stuff that I'm building for other people, but I did finally build myself some minis and put together a new pedalboard.  A lot of these builds will look familiar, but I've been working with a a new sanding and laser marking process and I like it so much that I wanted a board of my own.  At some point, I'm going to redo one of the power wires, but it generally came out pretty clean.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper