News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Howdy

Started by eightysixbret, December 20, 2014, 11:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eightysixbret

Hi all. I'm new to this joint, and was recently directed here by my real-life friend, Lee, AKA, Leevibe. I've been playing music and dabbling in recording and DIY electronics on a small level for a long time now, and am finally going to bite the bullet and build a pedal soon.

In my "free" time, I run a little mini-donut shop/record store/used music gear/used book store in Washougal, WA. I'm also a recovering web developer/graphic designer of close to 20 years, and play in a little shoegaze/power pop band with my girlfriend/partner person.

I look forward to learning new stuff, and adding some new effects to my pedalboard.

-Bret

drolo

chromesphere

Welcome Bret, you have certainly come to the right place!  This forum is full of helpful, knowledge and friendly folk, look forward to seeing you around!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Hogharry

Welcome to the addiction! I should warn you that once you build the first pedal there's no know cure.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

stevie1556

Leevibe

Glad to see you here Bret. I hope I get some free donuts and coffee out of introducing you to this community. :)

Looking forward to your first build report here!

eightysixbret

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to learning the ropes soon.

Stomptown

Hey Brett!  Lee mentioned you were getting ready to jump in and put together your first build.  Looking forward to watching your downward spiral into the abyss!  Welcome to the addiction!  :P

selfdestroyer

Welcome Bret, The wife and I have been enjoying your covers over at bandcamp. Looking forward to seeing your builds.

Cody

eightysixbret

Thanks Stomptown and Cody! Cody, we usually do a covers EP each year in December, but we are passing on it this year so we can keep making progress on our album. Anyhow, glad you're enjoying the covers! Thanks!