News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

best simple looper?

Started by thesameage, December 22, 2014, 07:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

I'm in the market and it seems like there are a few that are close (JamMan express, Ditto, etc.). What's your rec for an affordable, easy-to-use, simple looper for home playing?

gtr2

The new boss looks pretty nice.  My simple looper is the ditto, but I don't like the 1590A footprint.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RC1
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

morganp

I work at a place that sells the EH 360 looper; I've been seriously considering getting one for myself. It's small, easy to operate, and the features aren't more than I need.
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

culturejam

I haven't done much in the way of comparisons, but I have a JamMan Express and it works great for what I do with it (play loops through breardbaorded and prototyped circuits).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GermanCdn

I'm pretty happy with my Ditto for home use, but like Josh said, if I was gigging, I'd buy something bigger.  It's one thing to misstomp a regular 1590A stompbox, you can always hit it again, if you misstomp a looper in real time, it could create a bunch of problems you don't want.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

kothoma

I had a Ditto but upgraded to a Ditto X2 because of the extra stop button.

thesameage

Seems like the ditto might be best for my purposes so far.

Jopn

I don't know about where you are, but here in Ottawa loopers show up on the used market (kijiji and the likes) fairly often for cheap.  I grabbed a RC20xl for $120 if I remember right. 

lars

The Nux Loop Core seems like an option. Haven't heard anything about the build quality or reliability, but the features and the price are hard to beat.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

thesameage

Quote from: lars on December 22, 2014, 06:27:32 PM
The Nux Loop Core seems like an option. Haven't heard anything about the build quality or reliability, but the features and the price are hard to beat.

I like that the mix has drum patterns as well!

lars

Yeah, most likely it's a knock off of the Boss RC-3, but since most of the pcbs for major manufacturers are made in China these days anyway, why not save some money on getting basically the same thing?
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Muadzin

I prefer a delay pedal with a loop function. The Line6 DL-4 served me well in the past, my M9 has loop capability and I now have a TC Flashback that can also do it. Why waste pedal board space on a simple looper if you can get get two in one capability?