News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recommend me a Xmas Project/Gift

Started by PhiloB, December 22, 2014, 02:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

My wife wants to buy me the parts for a project for Christmas.  I want to build a project with a tube preamp (something clean- but feels like a tube with warmth) that I can build with something like TH Customs line driver to go straight to PA or recording interface.

Need some recommendations.  Basically,  something at the end of my pedal board that will go straight to PA with the feel of a Fender amp as an alternative to my heavy amp every time I play out:)

Does it make sense to do a Azabache before  a tube preamp that runs off 12v or 9V?

PS if possible, I'd like it to massage my feet as well!

Blackface Bassman is my preferred 'sound'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jopn

I use a Black '65 clone for exactly this.  No real tube in there though.  Also no foot massage, but if you leave the cut resistor leads in the carpet it could be a form of acupuncture (without the "acu").

PhiloB

Did you use vero or is there a PCB available?

Droogie

You can get a board from Haberdasher—it's great!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

gordo

Chi-boy has a great one as well.  PM me and I'll send out a little circuit board to match the jfets.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

PhiloB

Where can you order chi-boy boards?

bcalla

PhiloB

Thanks Bcalla.  Is it the Blackbird? 

m-Kresol

my suggestion is to go with one of Thomas' tube-projects. I have the valv-e-tizer and the clean version is nice and warm. I bet the new driver is also awesome, although it's an overdrive.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

PhiloB

m-Kresol, I was thinking of that with the Black '65 or Azabache in front.  I'm really digging my Chimaera +Eggheac currently, would this all work well together in theory?