News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Class of '77

Started by Leevibe, December 24, 2014, 10:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorn

Absolutely fantastic, the best looking build ever, you definitely win....

danielzink

Quote from: Leevibe on December 24, 2014, 10:54:05 PM
Here is my latest labor of love. This was going to be my fall contest entry, but there were holdups in the process, so it...

- firing up the circuit through my test rig for the first time. It didn't work!! I was terrified that I'd fried the metal can opamp. It takes so much heat to solder to turrets. I used a heat sink clamp, but still. It turned out (after MUCH studying the schematic and my layout) that there were two missing ground connections on the PCB, hence the jumpers on the bottom.

Awesome build.

I think the jumpers on the bottom continue to lend themselves to the "point-to-point" turret board type wiring.

Gives it a vintage/vibe sort of feel.

Even if you were to go into production with these boards I would definitely leave them there .

Quote from: Leevibe on December 24, 2014, 10:54:05 PM

- making such a massive block of resin and wondering if I would get the amount right so it wouldn't overflow when I put the circuit into it. Also, wondering if I would get crazy amounts of air bubbles with no way to release them.

Gently tapping on the side of the mold always helps to bring bubbles to the surface.

With all this being said....

I want one those boards !  8)

Dan

SmoothAction

Dear lord. Everything about this is over-the-top awesome. Now that you have your proof of concept it's time to use this format for an ADA flanger  8)

Inspiring to say the least!

And thanks for the kind words Lee.

Max

Hogharry

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Leevibe

Aw shucks y'all. Thanks again.

Quote from: wgc on December 26, 2014, 03:44:28 PM
Probably the most amazing thing is how you managed to keep the sides glossy with all the other things you had to do. Stunning.

Actually, the sides are just plain ol' PPP gloss black. The pics flatter the sides a bit. Truth be told, I'm a little disappointed in the gloss black. It doesn't seem to be as hard and scratch resistant as other colors I've gotten there.

Quote from: danielzink on December 26, 2014, 06:24:20 PM

Awesome build.

I think the jumpers on the bottom continue to lend themselves to the "point-to-point" turret board type wiring.

Gives it a vintage/vibe sort of feel.

Even if you were to go into production with these boards I would definitely leave them there .

Gently tapping on the side of the mold always helps to bring bubbles to the surface.

With all this being said....

I want one those boards !  8)

Dan

Thanks Dan. I don't have any plans to go into production with this board. It's not the easiest way to build. Working with the turrets kind of stinks. If there's enough interest, I could make this one a shared OSHpark. Thanks for the tip on tapping the sides of the mold. Good idea. I wouldn't have been able to see if it was working because the mold is semi-opaque. It might not be a bad idea to just tap on it for a while anyway.

stevie1556

Um, er, ummm, I'm gonna hang my soldering iron up on the retirement hanger now!

Seriously, I'm absolutely lost for words with this pedal, never seen anything like it, that is seriously amazing! Great job there buddy!

Guybrush

Incredible.

If it sounds a tenth as good as it looks it was worth all the effort.

Hats off to you.

das234

I'm totally awed by the final results, like everyone else, but what really impresses me is the ingenuity and courage it takes to attempt all those "firsts" coming up with something like that.   

stevewire

rullywowr

This is so bad-ass there aren't even words.  Can't believe I missed this!  So glad I found it.  Inspiring, bro.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jprizz

Holy Moly! I missed this as well... Just spectacular!

studiodunn

Holy F! That is stellar man.

flanagan0718

I...just...please...have mercy on us inferior builders. we don't mean to offend thee.

Great job man, Serious stuff!. Flawless Victory!

Leevibe

Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate it!

JohnL

Missed this one also, great job.